Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xenomorph ( )
Date: October 31, 2014 03:39AM

My Wife is a great Mom she has does an excellent job with our kids. When people tell us how great our kids are I point to her.She takes care of our place very well and she is always very empathetic to my wants and needs. She is a sweetheart. Howerver,she is a TBM and I am now pretty much an atheist after learning and researching the falseness, and want to get my family out of the church because it is all based on lies and false history. She treats me like I am sick most of the time or she patronizes when I try to show her info. She just is true blue believer and says people interpreted things wrong.
I have been thinking lately I want a divorce because of the new me and the old her are at odds always with each other and there is this settle but undermining way the church tries to lovebomb you. My wife is using that BS on me when ever I get really
down and out. I just feel like my whole life is going where the church wants it to no matter what I really think.
But why would anyone divorce like the perfect caring mom to their kids, who loves and cares for me?
I try to avoid her as much as I can, and I think our marriage is no longer real, its like I am on parole or something and she is the good person who chooses the right.
What can I do, I do not want to be around mormons anymore at all,I don't want to be a part of any group activates or etc,I want to gain all new friends who are non mormon and who are critical thinkers who have moved on.
I don't think I really romantically love my wife anymore because I just kinda view her as prude, She makes sex and love more like a chore or her duty to me. I have to be the one who has to initialize it everytime.Its so weird. Any advice on how to live more happily when you are stuck in this situation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.