Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:24PM

Okay, not world shattering for everybody, but wonderful to me. I have saved and saved to have expensive dental work done this year, and was fitted with dentures for my front teeth this morning. I look amazing! A mouthful of teeth for the first time in years. All the scrimping and saving was worth it.

Just to share my little bit of happiness with you.

Have a WONDERFUL Christmas everyone!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:25PM

Cheers

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:26PM

I think it's wonderful. It really makes a difference both in personal and public life. Feliz Navidad y Feliz Año Nuevo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 10:27PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:26PM

Merry Christmas, mate! From your friends in the cold Northern Hemisphere! The Boner.

Date: December 23, 2014 10:30PM

Thanks to all. It is HOT here Boner, a bar-b-que Christmas lunch tomorrow, with my NEW teeth to chew it with. Heh heh. You enjoy your white Christmas! I had those for many years too, and I miss the lovely silence that follows the snowfall. It was SO peaceful. But I must admit I LOVE wearing shorts and a (sinful) sleeveless shirt at Christmas dinner!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:38PM

I'm a native Californian and have fond memories of going to the beach on Christmas. Some day, I hope to make it down under!

Enjoy your BBQ, shorts, loud laughter, and a cold one in honor of the Bone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 10:38PM by byuboner.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:44PM

That's super, fluhist, a real plus for you, congrats!

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 11:03PM

Wonderful news. I have had some dental issues over the years and getting them fixed really helped with my confidence.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 11:13PM

Merry Christmas back at you, fluhist! And thanks for sharing the wonderful news. So happy for you!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 11:50PM

I'm glad for you, Fluhist! My students and I were reading today about how Australians enjoy barbeques, the beach, etc. at Christmas. It really made their eyes pop open. :)

Posted by: Jumper ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 12:20AM

I need an implant...$7000...fortunately the missing tooth is well back in my mouth so I do not look like a hillbilly! I am blessed to have a dental plan as a military retiree and will be getting some other teeth repaired in the new year where the fillings have fallen out.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 01:56AM

Oh ya ... I have a new bridge..!! Couldn't be happier, but $3500 less in savings!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 11:51PM

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 11:53PM

Delightful! Congratulations, fluhist, you must feel like a new woman!

Merry Christmas to you Down Under

Best

Kathleen

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 12:25AM

Good front teeth are so important. I lost one in an attack when I was in high school. I went through a series of bad replacements until I paid dearly for a Swedish-made ceramic prosthesis back in about 2005. Glad you feel whole again.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 07:37AM

Well done! Oh, yes. Smile! :o))

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 08:00AM

Heck yeah, this is earth shattering! Good news is a precious rare find. Congratulations, sweet sheila! Broken, missing and otherwise damaged teeth are life impairing issues. I can't be happier for you and your new smile!

Posted by: WestBerkeleyFlats ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 08:14AM

"All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" - Nat "King" Cole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyWiiDxbk-A

Date: December 25, 2014 06:30PM

Thanks to everyone for your sweet responses. I was really touched! I had a lovely Christmas dinner with my new teeth, and although I am having to exuse myself to rinse them off after each meal, I am enjoying them. If that is all I have to do to have a healthy mouth and pretty smile, I couldn't be happier!

Summer, if there is some way I can help your students with their studies, I would be delighted to do so. Perhaps I could arrange a letter exchange with some students of the same age here or something? I will send an email to SusanI/C and let her know I am happy for you to have my email address. Contact me if you I can help.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 25, 2014 07:02PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.