Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: November 03, 2014 08:17PM

So DW came home from Church (SL valley in UT) and tells me that a woman in Church got up and mentioned the essays and how the Church is dealing with the issues. She specifically mentioned the BoM translation and the stone in the hat as well as well as the new polygamy essays. A man in the class asked if the essays helped answer her questions and soothe her doubts and DW seemed to suggest that maybe....a little bit. I got the idea that idea that it was less than full and ringing endorsement but then inoculation can take some time.

This was a younger married woman which does not surprise me. Many of the older folks are too afraid to talk about such things and most would likely just put it on the shelf. It's the youngsters that are asking the questions— and the ones the Bros. are likely gonna lose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2014 08:18PM by badseed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 03, 2014 08:36PM

Yes indeed, when the shit hits the fan, pretend you have dealt with it openly, nothing to see here...

essays with anonymous authors so that no one has to be accountable for their content. No pseudo prophet has to stand by "his" doctrinal statement and they continue being prophets who do not prophesy, see or reveal anything.

Weasels in fancy cars. To the tree, to the tree!

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: November 03, 2014 10:06PM

REcently the missionaries offered me plan B - the essays.

I asked them why they're anonymous and who wrote them?

They wouldn't tell me why they were anonymous but they did say that the prophet would have given his approval.

So there you have it; the missionaries have given their permission to hang those trainwrecks on the prophet and apostles.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 03, 2014 10:12PM

When the monkeys throw feces, it's time to leave the zoo.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 01:41AM

Isn't it amazing that the LDS church, whose cornerstone, whose claim-to-fame is having leaders who speak to god, modern peophets whose saintly voices can trump what Jesus said...

These are the lofty ones who speak through anonymous essays that the missionaries suggest "certainly" would have been approved by the prophet.

I absolutely guarantee that if any essay shit hit the fan, these same purpled lips that gave approval would deny having authorized any such thing and claim it was an "unfortunate oversight, a clerical error, a misunderstanding by those good-hearted but less inspired servants of the Lord."

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: al-iced ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 03:29AM

My TBM family members are doing mental gymnastics and sticking their feet in their mouths trying to defend the indefensible. It is sick.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 06:56AM

I think the essays were just kind of slid out there under the radar and anonymously so that the only people that knew about them were the ones looking for them specifically. To those with questions, the church damned itself with its silence. Now there's at least something, but now it has the potential to introduce chapel mormons to things they never heard of before.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: November 04, 2014 06:56AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.