Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Press conference ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 06:44PM

The reviews are coming in and they are not good:

http://www.mormonsivemet.com/religious-freedom/
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/takingnote/2015/01/27/on-discrimination-the-mormon-church-gives-and-takes-away/?smid=tw-share&referrer=

The church really doesn't need to fear anti-mormon activists when they are so intent on their own self-destruction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 06:47PM

They thought the headline "LDS Church plays nice nice with gays" would cover up the truth that they want to undermine anti-discrimination laws with a religious carve out.

People quickly saw through that, since it's not that original. Instead of being nice to gays, they are trying to undermine them.

Sounds like the work of the Great Deceiver, not Christ's church.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 07:39PM

Turn the clock back 50 years and replace LGBT with Negro. They see the end of Jim Crow on the horizon and want to reserve the right to not serve or hire nee-grows. Yeah, see how that plays out.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 07:57PM

I enjoy watching the mormon church thrash as it's being dismantled.

Having lost the gay marriage fight, they're trying to retrench. Watch for more casualties.

Posted by: stilldevasated ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:20PM

And on to the next fight of allowing polygamous marriages....

like the discrimination against gay marriages was 10 to 20 years ago, polygamous marriages suffer this discrimination now.

yeah I know it's not popular - but as gay marriages was rationalizied, the same applies to other forms of marriage....

Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:00PM

Watching these folks squirm trying to cover their prior comments just to see them retract prior statements is great. Just want to see what TSCC will come up with next.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 08:03PM

If I have to listen to it ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to vomit. I won't be able to watch the local news the rest of the week at least.

They've even had some gays speak about how wonderful it is, well known Utah gays. I can't believe they aren't seeing through this.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 12:43AM

It's official. The Mormon church has devolved into nothing more than a haven for anit-gay fanatics. That is what passes for religion now.

Posted by: tecumseh ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 01:09AM

These guys were all around in 1978. The supreme court is going to make a ruling on gay marriage and it will likely become legal throughout the country. They will once again be on the outside of decent society and they are trying to avoid having to pay any consequences for their beliefs. Most importantly, they need to protect the tax exempt status.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 02:03AM

"Sounds like the work of the Great Deceiver, not Christ's church." - Well DUH! Maybe some folks are beginning to listen to me when I say that this CULT is one of the PUREST FORMS of EVIL on the earth.

And just for the record, the CULT has NEVER been a religion, NEVER, just an EVIL force to be reckoned with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 02:04AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 06:39AM

I read the first reference and must point out that the author is a bit blinded by contempt for the speakers.

In this country, the UK, two midwives have lost their religious objection to supervising nurses who are attending to ladies who have elected to have abortions. Their religious objections were dismissed by the EU court - even though their original working conditions and contract had been 'updated' through a restructure of the maternity unit with dual use for maternity & gynacology, ie abortions up to 24 weeks gestation. Their original contract (running over 20 years) exempted them from anything contrary to their religious conscience. Yes, they are catholic nuns but that is not the point, an islamic midwife would not be put through the same ordeal, nor would she be asked to (if she were 'allowed' to work, that is).

When america becomes more and more 'equal' like the EU (which it will) then the only religion NOT allowed to object to anything on faith grounds will be the christian religion. All other religions are given due respect and consideration by all voices, even LGBTQ activists.

This is not a problem for 'the cult' as you say, but for anyone with any faith in christ, church attending or not. This will not upset any atheists here, but every christian SHOULD be worried.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.