Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 09:54PM

Before we resigned, the church had already instituted the toilet cleaning brigade of "volunteers" at the ward level, but now they've got missionaries in the MTC scrubbing toilets and wiping down bathrooms, too! What a literal load of crap that is!

Our nephew's mom went on Facebook and proudly posted a picture of her boy with a robotic grin on his face as he stands alongside his zombie companion looking like janitors with name tags and cleaning gear.

Funny, I thought he was there to learn Spanish...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:15PM

I am not sure this is anything new. I went to the MTC back in 2003 and we were required to clean the building (including toilets and showers) on a weekly basis.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:19PM

If these members are cleaning every weekend, why do the building reek? To be fair, I've been in maybe 8 buildings since they fired all of the janitors but every stinking one, well, stunk. The bathrooms are almost as bad as a gas station. Are they really cleaning, or just showing up, running a vacuum for 15 minutes and calling it good?

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:59PM

The church uses the same cleaning supplies in every building. The cleaners have no scent to them at all. Maybe the products have no scent so that those who are sensitive to chemicals don't have an excuse to get out of cleaning the building. Whatever the reason, LDS churches don't smell clean because they're cleaned with something that basically smells like water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 11:00PM by want2bx.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 10:28PM

Mormon buildings are also contaminated by HPDG High Priest Death Gas and never ending baby effluents.

Not to mention that the Doctrine smells to High Heaven.

My beloved brother (RIP) and I always referred to fertilizer and feces as "Doctrine". Every time I flush the toilet, I wish the newly minted doctrine bon voyage on its journey to the local sewage treatment plant aka General Conference.

Remember: It is not physically possible to blaspheme or disrespect the Only Twoo Church and its Luminary Leadership to the depth and extent they so richly deserve.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 10:34PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:02PM

That is NO way to talk about the breathurine! ........

Posted by: Ookami ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 02:30AM

Whose bowels are filled with. . . something. (I know it isn't mercy.)

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 03:18AM

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:10PM

As far as LDS cleaning supplies not having scents, help them out!

Put your shoulder to the wheel and add bleach to all carpet stain removers. Use a lot, around a 50/50 mixture in the squirt bottle should work well. Be sure to use that in high traffic areas, such as between the pews walking up to the leadership thrones.

As far as linoleum or laminate floor cleaner, the best thing to add to the cleaner is some paint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 11:12PM by deco.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:13PM

Wanna mop to go with that bucket list?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:18PM

The best revenge is shrimp in the curtain rods. You will never be forgotten.

Kathleen

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:32PM

My group cleaned up the MTC cafeteria eating and serving area for our service during our stay.

Posted by: Gooy1 ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:33PM

When I was in the MTC they had paid JANITORS to clean the place, including the restroom. Probably BYU students who needed the jobs.

Posted by: electricliahona ( )
Date: January 27, 2015 11:50PM

When I was there our group had to clean a couple floors of one of the dorm buildings regularly. Our "supervisors" were this cadre of smug BYU students presumably working a paid gig. All four of them would dole out our cleaning orders while they were huddled around an XBOX they had set up in the tiny janitorial room. Had to have been illicit.

We finally had enough of their shit and ratted them out to one of our MTC instructors. We told them we were upset about tithing money being wasted on their job but really we were pissed that they were in there playing video games when us suckers couldn't even listen to our iPods!

Next time we cleaned we had a different group of Molly Mormons watching over us and we never saw those assholes again.

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 12:28AM

My TBM wife and kids still attend, and my son is playing church ball. Last weekend I went to watch the game. During halftime I was strolling around the building, walked around the corner and nearly into a group of missionaries cleaning the building! I suppose the ward members were slacking that week, and the priesthood authorities took out their revenge by asking/assigning the poor missionaries to do the work.

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 12:31AM

I went into the MTC July 18, 1985, and it was already established procedure at that time.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 03:21AM

My two best friends and I had to clean all the bathrooms at church camp, because we were late for singing time. There was an epidemic of stomach flu, and it was horrible. I still have nightmares. We refused to do it, but my friends gave in. At the time, we were just about the only ones who weren't sick. I wanted to go home, and so did the other girls, but home was 250 miles away, and there were no phones, and most were too sick to travel. The scouts were going to deliver food later that day, and I had a plan to sneak onto the truck. Turned out, the driver of the truck was my own boyfriend!

The leaders were mad at me from the beginning, because we had to play baseball in a swampy area, which was actually filled with raw sewage from the leaking septic tank! We got the grounds keeper, and he shut the place down, and roped it off. Not only that, but my friends and I were late, because we had gone exploring up the creek, and had found a herd of cows wallowing in the mud, and peeing in the creek, upstream. The leaders had told all the girls that it was OK to drink the creek water, and they filled their canteens with it. My friends and I knew better, because of experience. The camp leaders did not want to listen to our warnings, and we had to practically break into their office and yell at them, what we had found. Even then, they wouldn't listen to us, so we forced the grounds keeper to go upstream and see for himself.

So, the nurse gave all the girls huge jars of salt water to make them throw up the contaminated water, but they were very, very sick. I got in trouble for coming home early from camp, but when I told my mother why, she never mentioned camp again.

Mormons wallow in it, and they love to make YOU wallow in it, especially if you object, or if you are too smart for your own good.

Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 03:46AM

I honestly can't understand how these people can't see that they are being exploited.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:17AM

This was common practice when I was at the MTC in '94. It was called "service" back then, not sure about now.

Posted by: Pathway ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 10:18AM

Nothing new at all. I was in the MTC in 1985 and we were doing it then.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.