Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The investigator ( )
Date: January 25, 2015 08:29PM

The term valiant has connotations of bravery.
I myself am white and delightsome,clearly I was hell of great guy in my premortal days.
Can anyone tell me what is valiant about agreeing with the big boss in the only war in history, apart from the cod war, which had no casualties.
At least the fence sitters and lucifers followers had a bit of "spirit" in them.
Anyway I was just wondering what exactly did you exmos grow up believing the spirit wars actually were and how can some one be valiant or non valiant in a non conflict.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 12:23AM

I somehow got a hold of the idea that it was like scouting. Those who stuck around rather than follow Lucifer, started racking up the merit badges. I, as a filthy, despicable future Lamanite, was obviously a bit of a slacker. My beautiful White and delightsome (and then some) girlfriend obviously did much better with the merit badges...

Thus, in my mind, the penalty of being born with the Mark of Cain was the result of not getting ANY merit badges...doing nothing to prepare for mortality.

I remember early on in my mission, I thought I fuckin' knew everything... When I wasn't masturbating, I was wondering if any other Lamanite would beat me to the Apostle's table. So, yeah, I didn't think about it all that often...

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 04:29AM

I found the word hard to pin down.

By way of explanation: So, I was told on the one hand that I was valiant due to the fact I was not a fence sitter because I was painted white (not so sure about the delightsome part) BUT....

Then I was sent down to not nearly as wonderful home life as tons of others received so o o???

Did that mean that I was mostly not VALIANT???? Maybe only 15%?

Sheesh, this thing ALWAYS bothered me. I mean, how did I screw up that bad and, you know what, PART OF ME DEMANDED THE PROOF.......

So here I was, questioning God and his plan of valiantcy and I was earnest and needy and ......

God, where were my answers??????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2015 04:30AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 05:36AM

In Mormonspeak valiant means ass-kissingly obedient, not brave.

Posted by: heberjgrunt ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 07:50AM

I guess I thought I must have been like Prince Valiant or something. I was awesome in the War in Heaven.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 26, 2015 08:17AM

Because Mormons gotta be special, and no one else uses the word "valian" much.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 01:44PM

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/j/jimmyvalient/02.jpg

Do we call children enrolled the "Boogie-Woogie Kids"?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 06:07PM

I was valiant until after I was born.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 28, 2015 06:14PM

All of that mocking and ridicule made some back of into the shadows, but not the most valiant saints. They stood tall and stared down the evil ones.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.