Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 11:23AM

So I went to pick up my son from my soon to be ex.

Se got really nervous and finally blurted out- the High Priest group is coming!

I said: sooooo?

She just wanted to let me know. So as I am leaving and getting my son's stuff loaded in my car, they pull up. They delay getting out of the car. I know that they are there to talk about me and get the scoop for the SP.

So they get out of the car and walk up slowly as I am talking to my ex. I look up, all of them are standing behind her, I say hi guys.

The leader says "sorry about the bad timing"

I said: why is it bad? You can come over and talk about me behind my back anytime.

There were silent as the grave, I said goodbye and left.

I have resigned but they still want the scoop. I fully support her financially, more than I can say about any of those men, I see my kids everyday. I am paying for their colleges and medical. I bought her a car, after we separated. We get along great, so why the gloom and doom about this? It was TSCC that began our problems that resulted in our separation. she has no needs, why do they come over and treat my kids like a charity homeless case? Ugh! A-holes.

Why are they so nosy!!!!!!?

Sorry, needed to vent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2014 11:53AM by sb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 11:28AM

I was sort of hoping to read that you ran over a number of them on the lawn.

Date: November 05, 2014 11:31AM

I hold no ill will, one of them was a really good friend of mine, in fact he is the leader and has questions.

I hate that my family is being dragged out to the spotlight as a lesson, gossip session and pity party, we are fine!

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 11:37AM

It's easier to treat your family as a pity case, it would be too difficult for them to realize that you are fine without the church.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 07:38PM

That's called...."The Cherylx2"

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 11:44AM

That really sucks. You handled it very well. Seems like they're trying to claim ownership. Insecure little a-holes.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 01:07PM

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 02:06PM

Damn I wish you were MY X!!! That is awesome that you take care of your family. My x has gone back and forth on it, but now he would but he is unemployed so we are charity cases.

I am grateful that we split up long after we left the church. There was no weirdness because no one talked to us.

of course it is scandalous that he is gay, but whatever.

Date: November 05, 2014 11:32PM

I cant respect a man who wont take care of his family, whatever the circumstances. I promise to take care of her and I cant pul the rug from under her while I make a lot of money and she doesnt. What example would that be to my kids? I tell them
i love her as a friend and she will alsways be taken care of, that financial security takes care of about 40% of a divorce's stress and fighting.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 07:27PM

Watch the movie "Missionary" and have your ex-wife watch it too.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 07:33PM

Can I be your Ex? I need a new car and someone to take care of me in a manner to which I'd like to become accustomed. And take my kids. (well, just the one)

;^)

Date: November 05, 2014 11:29PM

such romantic words "wish u were my ex husband" ;)

Posted by: procrusteanchurch ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 07:40PM

I don't know your situation, and whatever you desire for your family situation, I hope it works out for you. Unfortunately, the high priests probably aren't telling your soon to be ex how lucky she is to have someone like you. Neither are they telling your kids what a great dad you are. While they probably have good intentions, the high priests aren't doing you or your family any favors and are probably contributing to its disintegration. You were much more tolerant of them than I would be.

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: November 05, 2014 09:29PM

I am grieved you are going through such a heart breaking circus of events. I can only admire your emotional and social restraint dealing with these sneaky interlopers intent upon reinforcing your wife's disaffection with your position as man of the your own home. But you seem to be the type to choose your battles with care. I wouldn't see myself doing well in a game of Chess against you.

Based on my personal life experience, it was my impression they may have been there doing a mental inventory of all the the goodies and assets left up for grabs by your vacancy. A woman with a home being paid for, with no financial worries about having to help provide for the children is a gold bricker's dream come true. I would not be the slightest bit surprised to later learn they had already decided among themselves which of them would love bomb her to the alter and become the new defacto ruler of a kingdom another labored so hard to build. As such, the other men would be needed for visual cover and plausible deniability.

In our home we call a situation the "Cowbird Syndrome" when an interloper comes intent on taking over the nest of another. This often ultimately involves shoving the natural heirs of the nest out of the way in an effort to gain as much nurturing and asset enjoyment as the circumstances of the nest can provide.

The Cowbird Syndrome did not begin with, nor is unique to Mormons. But it not surprising to find this behavior pervasive within a culture founded by an alpha-cowbird, that wife/daughter stealer, whore mongering, blackmailer, liar, thief, low-life, parasitical scumbag Joseph Smith Jr. -- And that's the short list of this man's character flaws.

Men such as yourself tend to see organizations such as TSCC and leave. Men who fit easily into the mold (mold, literally if you think about it) of Joseph Smith (junior or senior, take your pick) tend to stay in the church, ever watchful for any predatory opportunity to gain unearned riches by any means necessary.

I have stood by and helplessly witnessed the lives of so many otherwise extremely intelligent women after their lives have been shattered by these deceptive master manipulators plying them levels of intense romance and attentiveness that would simply be unnatural in a real life, long term committed relationship. Sadly, the intense love bombing creates an actual endorphin response that renders its victim immune to the logic and reason of concerned loved ones. The manipulators mask seldom comes off before every last benefit of the relationship has been consumed. Only then will the victim's hearing be restored and and any hope of sanity with it.

I hope my speculation is completely off base. I hope a group of men congregating on your property are there for purely innocent reasons. However, even checking with her to see if she "needs anything" carries with it the suggestion you are failing your responsibilities. But there I go again.

If restoration of your marriage is something you would consider at this point as a desirable thing, it is my dearest hope you can reconcile and create a future that works for both of you. Then you can tell the visiting turdballs to hit the road and go "help" somebody else's wife.

Date: November 05, 2014 11:29PM

The hearthbreak part is over. I take care of her becuase she is the mother of my children. She works part time now making 20k a year and I am fortunate to have the means to give her a lot more. The divorce decree we filed is very specific as far as money. It's all under child support and it fades as the kids leave the nest. I feel responsible until she is on her feet.

There are other provisions if she goes full time, she must live within 20 miles of me, etc. I promised her I would take care of her and I will, it just the way I am. i cant pretend she did not spend 18 years trying to make a marriage and rasing my kids.

Having said that I am not foolish enough to pay for another man to live in one of my homes. If one moves in, I get the kids until she is married and he supports her, then the kids get the say as to whether they want to live with me full time.

Right now I get them whenever I want, which is worth all the money in the world.

As far as the priesthood people, they are so petty and relly have no reach, my children have been inoculated against their cultish interventions. My ex just loves to be a victim and she likes the support.

I will never reconcile with her, I made sure it was dead before I walked away. We are good friends but I have no delusions of remarrying someone who puts the church first, or who sees me as second class for not being a phood holder, no thanks.
There are plenty of fish out there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.