Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Loud Laffter ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 12:19AM

Mormons have a new commandment to follow... From Elder Holland's CES speech (just fast forward to time 34:37).

https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/evening-with-a-general-authority/2015/02?lang=eng&vid=4037636726001

Elder Holland: "So what do we owe our students in this? We owe them a comparable testimony and a life of good cheer. The Saviour asked of that so often that I personally consider it a commandment... So put a smile on your face..."

He wasn't smiling when he said that. Neither was the woman behind him.

But me... Oh dear me, I had a silly grin....

----------

At institute, a student approaches his CES director...

Student: Uhm... Brother Millet, I have question that's bothering me... Why does the new polygamy essay say that monogamy was the only legal form of marriage in Joseph Smith's time, but the Official Declaration says the US government passed laws to make it illegal in 1860s-80s? How can polygamy be declared illegal in 1860s when it was already illegal in 1830s?

And don't we believe in being subject to obeying and honoring the laws of the land? How was Joseph Smith obeying the laws when he was hiding to break them?

Brother Millet: (With a really cheerful smile on his face) Oh, those are really good questions... But those aren't the questions you really want to ask...

------

Does anyone have a better question for Bro. Millet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 02:20AM

Maybe Holland could put his new smile on his neck, where the weight of his massive jowls wont be able to pull down and so effectively inhibit his attempts to turn up the corners of his frowny face blabby dodo mouth....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 06:16PM

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: February 14, 2015 03:37AM

( thank you )

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 05:01AM

Funny.

The statement "that is not the question you want to be asking" must get a lot of mileage from seminary teachers.

Or......

Maybe students are not allowed to ask questions at all???

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 08:31AM

"He wasn't smiling when he said that. Neither was the woman behind him."

But, notice way back at the beginning of the CES broadcast @ 2:13 minutes. The choir members are holding programs during the opening hymn. Look whose 'smiling' face envelops the entire front cover? It's Holland's. I guess he forgot to bring that demeanor to the pulpit.

Now he spouts off his new commandment to CES members? Thou shalt offer others a life of good cheer with a smile?

How ironic. How hypocritical. Isn't there another lingering, unspoken commandment hiding within this man's darkened apostolic crevices? "Thou shalt thrust a dagger in the heart of the honest who tell the truth and damage the church or an apostle's credibility. CES members will be considered traitors to their covenants (a BKP reference). Telling the whole truth equals -- Bye-bye pension."

The poor guy is so out of ammunition. He's trapped. All the CES folks who know the damnable truths, who cannot speak openly for fear of being fired, are starring at him in the tabernacle and have him cornered with no where to run. So the distressed-dodo uses that horrid-howling, jowl-jiggling, dreadful-defensive posturing? He's in a tough spot, put there by all his predecessors for not being truthful.

What'll it be now Jeffrey? You'll ☺ with an apostolic pistol in your holster?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 08:41AM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 11:57AM

jiminycricket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The poor guy is so out of ammunition.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 04:18PM

That's just part of the Mormon thing. Be happy...even when you're not. Smile, because it helps sell our product!

"No one likes a frowny face, change it for a smile..."

"Don't feel those feelings keep them in instead...turn it off!"

Don't let out those real feelings--pesky as they are.

Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 04:27PM

Keep smiling, even though everything around you smell like manure!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.