Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ihidmyself ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 11:19AM

Maybe life is NOT a test of our obediance to Mormonism (or any religion for that matter) but is rather a test of our courage and integrity to stand up to family and friends, no matter how difficult, and tell the truth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 11:58AM by Ihidmyself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 11:30AM

How difficult is it to conform? How much integrity does it take to not rock the boat? What level of honesty is there in keeping your mouth shut when bald faced lies are being told to children?

Behold the laziness of the well researched non-believer?

Truth became so important that clear was the path despite the damage you knew was coming to your life. Gone would be the comfort of doing nothing. Yet on we went. Loss of friendship, loss of job, loss of marriage all real possibilities yet on we went.

Lazy people want to be comfortable at the cost of personal integrity. The comfortable life of a person who stands for truth is thrown out the window.

Mormon Apostles can shove the lie up their ass that non-believers are lazy. Non-believers stand for something more than comfortable lies despite the having to lean into the storm caused by telling the truth.

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: February 14, 2015 02:19AM

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 11:34AM

I got privileged to some meat.

BIC Ward member served mission, attended all her life, Temple Recommend (aged around 70) was helping me to understand the negroes being less valiant and loaned me books written By Joseph Fielding Smith from the church library.

I think if she saw the essays on negroes she would be shocked.

Posted by: TheOtherHeber ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 11:37AM

"You don't know me; you never knew my heart. No man knows my history. I cannot tell it: I shall never undertake it. I don't blame any one for not believing my history."

"Brethren, if I were to tell you all I know of the kingdom of God, I do know that you would rise up and kill me."

"If I revealed all that has been made known to me, scarcely a man on this stand would stay with me"

"Would to God, brethren, I could tell you WHO I am! Would to God I could tell you WHAT I know! But you would call it blasphemy and want to take my life!"

Old Joe would agree with you.

Posted by: the investigator ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 11:51AM

Excellent, It is amazing to read those quotes from the point of view that he knew he was lying. Gold.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 12:13PM

>"Would to God, brethren, I could tell you WHO I am! Would to God I could tell you WHAT I know!
----

I hear ya Horny Joe.

Secrets hold great power.

But only if we keep them.

I coulda told ya that you shyster.

:o)

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 12:46PM

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 01:24PM

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 01:34PM

http://www.tofurky.com/

I actually ate Tofurky for Thanksgiving Dinner hosted by my vegan friend. It was kinda tough and chewy. Tasted kinda bland. Any turkey would be insulted by the comparison.

It's always puzzled me why vegetarians and vegans have a need for fake meat.

That would be like TBMs drinking fake coffee, drinking non-alcoholic beer and smoking fake cigarattes. Why don't vegans passionately avoid even the appearance of evil?

Veganism is a religion. Killing animals is bad. Killing plants is OK because plants don't have faces or voices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 01:39PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 01:30PM

It's spam.
A pale imitation "meat" product, cobbled together from the leftovers of real "meat."

Give me the filet mignon of facts any day. :)

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 01:49PM

Ben Franklin spins in his gravy.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 01:57PM

The meat is mostly bat-crap crazy, but if you've already drunk the Kool-Aid, you'll simply wash that crazy meatloaf of crap down with a tall, cool glass of it...

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 13, 2015 08:55PM

Chapter 16 of the original Book of Commandments reads "show not these things unto the world, for they cannot bear meat, but milk they must receive: Wherefore, they must not know these things lest they perish."

It now reads: D&C 19:21, 22 "show not these things unto the world until it is wisdom in me. For they cannot bear meat now, but milk they must receive; wherefore, they must not know these things lest they perish. "

To me meaning changed when the revelations were rewritten to comply with the then current doctrine.

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: February 14, 2015 02:28AM

Milk before meat before koolaid. Though some members have been known to drink the koolaid immediately after sampling the milk.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.