Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 10, 2014 05:40PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjyNHmWxLLE

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 03:28PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 11, 2014 11:24AM

topping for edit.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 01:03PM

I thought they'd be somewhat okay. I didn't have much to do with them for a long time. I'm older than all of them by 8 years and more.

They had their wild days, some of them, but even the one who was sent home from his mission for having sex with some church leader's wife is sickeningly mormon. He has also cheated on his wife several times.

People on here talk about Utah mormons (growing up in Utah and not being from "mormon royalty"--though we were, but my dad wasn't very active), live in Utah and see what it feels like to be a regular every day mormon and see how it feels.

BUT, my mother's nieces and nephews and brother and sister and spouses, so full of themselves and their holiness I can't stand to be around them. My dad's nieces and nephews all from Utah, I can even tolerate the repentant sinners more than I can my out of state mormon relatives. When I was on fb, I never friended any of my mom's relatives, but I did friend all my dad's relatives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 01:04PM by cl2.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 03:19PM

Arizona Mormons love Cleon Skousen. It is more of THAT kind of Mormon.

Lot of the Mormon stock around Southern AZ hail from "the colonies", i.e. the polygamist enclaves in Mexico.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 03:25PM by crom.

Date: November 11, 2014 03:28PM

crom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arizona Mormons love Cleon Skousen. It is more of
> THAT kind of Mormon.

Good point so I edited this again.

Posted by: anonnow ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 04:23PM

This^^^^

Nuttier than any Mormons I knew in Utah.

They are opening up right-wing charter schools left and right.

The ones that homeschool are into Thomas Jefferson Education. Google that for a good laugh. The founder attended BYU but has a fake PhD. Oh..and they worship Cleon.

Date: November 11, 2014 04:36PM

Hertiage Academy teaches from a Cleon Skousen textbook.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2014/07/14/mesa-charter-school-religion/12615041/

The constitution being "divinely inspired", and this nation particularly "blessed" has caught the attention of Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 06:05PM

"The constitution being "divinely inspired", and this nation particularly "blessed" has caught the attention of Americans United for Separation of Church and State."

Quite honestly, I wish they would review, official documents/meeting minutes from Utah State legislators, while discussing the Utah liquor laws, Zion Curtain, etc...where comments are made...ON THE RECORD of State legislators asking..."has anyone talked to the LDS leaders about this?"...

I mean come on...it's one thing to think about how something affects you personally, morally, ethically...but then you are a REPRESENTATIVE...you represent EVERYONE in your area, district, city, county, etc....It is not about YOU getting other people in your district to be force fed your own personal/religious morals..

Posted by: Once Mormon ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 04:03PM

Mormons are disproportionally represented in state, county, and local government offices. In Arizona, there are not that many mormons per capita, but lots of mormons in the state legislature, on school boards, in city councils, etc.

See especially, Mesa and Gilbert.

Dave Udall, grandson of a polygamist Udall that lived in St. Johns

Morris Udall, former U.S. congressman, ran for president in 1970s

Levi Udall, former chief justice of the Arizona Supreme Court and father of Morris Udall

Stewart Udall, former Secretary of Interior

More on the Udall's -- other states: Morris's son Mark, is a U.S. senator from Colorado. Stewart's son Tom is a U.S. senator from New Mexico.

Brandt Seegmiller, not a politician but sways local political opinion

Many pioneers left their mark, example: Miles Park Romney

William Flake, grandfather of a current Arizona Flake

Jeff Flake, former congressman, present Senator

Jake Flake, former speaker of the Arizona House, state senator

Russell Pearce, former president of the Arizona Senate

Lester Pearce, formerly in state legislature,now justice of the peace

James Pearce, founder of the Mormon town of Taylor, Arizona.

John Lewis, a Gilbert Mayor (and rumored to be one of the authors of a mormon "Loading Da Slate" (LDS) tactic to get more mormons into local offices.

Evan Meacham, former mormon governor (target of some Steve Benson cartoons)

Matt Salmon, congressman

Bill Konopnicki, a former state representative

Ron Waldron, LDS stake pres and has local political influence

NOT A COMPLETE LIST

Date: November 11, 2014 06:53PM

Flakes are a big deal in AZ.

I mistakenly thought that SNOWFLAKE AZ was named after fluffy stuff from the sky. Nope. Apostle Erastus SNOW sent a William FLAKE to be the first bishop of this AZ colony.

Side note: Green Flake was a slave owned by the Flake family. He drove Brigham Young's wagon into the Salt Lake Valley.

When his owner moved to California (a free state) they decided to sell Green. No one could afford him, so rather than set him free they tithed him to the LDS church. (Utah territorial legislature under the command of Gov. Brigham Young voted Utah in as a slave holding territory. AZ was a slave holding territory as well.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 06:56PM by crom.

Date: November 11, 2014 07:35PM

So LDS Inc. at one time owned a slave. Makes sense.

Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 04:05PM

Yes. Even though I am not from Arizona, I have visited the Mormon areas (Gilbert and Mesa). I remember feeling like the Wards I visited were MORE Mormon than the Utah Wards.

Posted by: jellobeltnevermo ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 04:37PM

Yes. Lived there for 34 years in the same neighborhood. Right smack dab in the middle of a bunch of Mormons. My neighborhood has been overtaken by Mormons. Elementary school that both of my children and all three of my grandchildren attended is full of Mormons. PTA president is my neighbor and a Mormon. Moved to Oregon five years ago and love it.

Posted by: Lumberjack ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 04:54PM

Not all of Arizona is crazy Mormon. Up here in Flagstaff we just reelected our Democratic Representative to Congress.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 05:06PM

Jealous of Flagstaff. The "You're all alcoholics!" clueless, rude TBM is a Mesa Mormon. (From another thread.)

So maybe I need to copy the offending abortion and sperm page and stand in front of Heritage academy to see if any of the kids want a copy. Then again, despite Orange is the New Black, I don't think I'd enjoy going to jail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2014 05:07PM by Dorothy.

Posted by: One More ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 05:21PM

Dorothy, you could just copy this website:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/arizonahonorsbiologycom

"After a crusading religious group showed up at the Gilbert, Arizona school board meeting with three Republican state senators to complain about the presence of a mention of abortion in an honors biology text book, the board voted to get rid of that material. It was determined that the most efficient way to remove the offending material is to literally remove it - as in, tear the whole page out of the book.

"As a service to Arizona honors biology students who want to know what used to be in the gap in their textbook’s page numbers, we have preserved page 545 of the seventh edition of Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections."

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 05:15PM

Idaho's got our share of crazy TBM's too!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 05:24PM

yup !!. I was born in Arizona, with lived most of my live in Texas. Thank God!!!! I ashamed of my birth state

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 05:54PM

Well here ya go takin bout me homies in La Tabla AZ.

Arizona born and New Mexico raised, I was taught to revere the Mecca of Salt Lake south, Mesa Arizona with it's one of a kind temple built just in time before I was born and of course, all the trappings of the Kindred Kolob Klan capitol.

Amidst the urban glory of greater Phoenix there lives a core of uber-hard core moi'sm , the descendants of pioneers whose brains were scorched by the sun way beyond what happened before they were sent hither by BY.

Gilbert High school was the birthplace of the Mormon Mafia, a gang of cocky aaronic morons who still rule the teenage underworld.

My nephew's kid is now in prison but is still operating as a founding functionary of that desert rat danite gang.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 05:58PM

there are too many flakes.

*Disclaimer: There were no offenses intended towards any member or fringe relative of the Flake family.

Date: November 11, 2014 06:47PM

moose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there are too many flakes.
>
> *Disclaimer: There were no offenses intended

As you may or may not know, my birthplace Snowflake Arizona was not named for a happenstance in the weather ( even tho there's plenty of that to remind us of Wasatch) but was actually a clever mormon co-mingling of surnames....

brother Snow and brother Flake, one of which slew the other..

I forget which did which.

Date: November 11, 2014 07:05PM

Yup.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Date: November 11, 2014 07:10PM

I haven't googoyled Shumway Arizona lately but ya know what? ...

>Shumway is in Navajo County.

The community was named after Charles Shumway, settler

The latitude of Shumway is 34.406N. The longitude is -110.072W.
It is in the Mountain Standard time zone. Elevation is 5,696 feet.
-------------

Home sweet home.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 07:17PM

two words: Sheriff Joe.

(no, IDK if he's LDS)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.