Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 21, 2011 12:38PM

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/60621/Citys-Giant-2-Bishop-H-David-Burton--honored-by-Salt-Lake-Chamber.html
>"Today is certainly a giant chocolate chip cookie day for me."
And tomorrow with be another "chocolate chip cookie day" and the next and the next...
>"Downtown has always had good fundamentals," he said. "It has good bones, but the muscles on those bones needed a little toning."
Yeah, and Burton is the guy to get them "toned"?
>Because the Church is the birth parents of this community, the Church has a special interest in and some responsibility for the future of Salt Lake City, he said.
Who's the mother in this parent trap?
>"With all that's going on, wouldn't it be fun to show Brigham Young around town right now," Bishop Burton said. "He would be pleased to see how much we're doing to 'drive on,' to ensure that this city remains the 'right place' for our children and grandchildren."
I think not. He probably would be appalled that a lot of things have changed not to mention the whole polygamy change.
>"The real and deep sense of community we enjoy in this city continually warms the cockles of my heart," he said. "We can find common ground. We can help each other. We can 'drive on' together. No matter our differences, we can reach across them and build our city.
Except if you are gay, and speaking of gay, what are cockles?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.