Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:11AM

"I'm sorry we misled you. It's not your fault. We wronged you. Please tell us how can we make amends. We will listen this time."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:28AM

If that ever happened I might even start believing in miracles again.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:44AM

"We are so sorry .... "

"Please use critical thinking skills.."

"Everybody is equal.."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 07:45AM by Becca.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 08:33AM

"God loves you... unconditionally."

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 11:39AM

"There is no evidence for God. The LDS version of God was made up in order to control people and defraud people of their money. Please use this life experience to judge further claims about god and the nature of God".

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 08:46AM

"We want to thank our wonderful members, who give so generously of their money and time, and who sustain and support our leaders, without question. It is because of YOU that we paint a pretty smile for investigators. Thanks to you, our coffers have never been so full, our children have never been so brainwashed, the temple work for the Dead moves ever forward, and our buildings have never been so clean. THANK YOU!"

Posted by: smo ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 09:01AM

"We'll now hear from president boyd kkk packer of the 12 apostles"

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 11:25AM

Elder Larry Flynt will now be publishing Ensign.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 11:37AM

Women will take their well earned place in leadership roles. Half of the brethren will vacate their seats on the stand. Ladies, including single ladies, welcome aboard and here are your bank cards for housing and other living and traveling expenses.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 12:29PM

"Be sure to attend our Happy Hour before the evening session"

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 03:41PM

The TRUTH

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 03:44PM

From now on, if Easter falls on GC weekend, conference will be held the following weekend so we can focus on the Resurrection.

Easter is to only consist of sacrament, and all talks must be about Christ only.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 04:00PM

Has anyone noticed how they love to schedule their conf on a fast Sunday when the RfM board goes dark?

I'm sure that's only a coincidence.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 04:02PM

Oops.... the church ISN'T true after all.

We'll be sending back your tithing, plus interest, including those who resigned or who we ex'd.

Sorry for the child abuse, mind control and brainwashing. We'll also include the cost of therapy.

Whatever's left over will be given to the poor.

We're all going home now. Bye.

(HA!)

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 04:09PM

This conferences focus will be on the true life of Joseph Smith and his wives.

This year the lesson manual will be rewritten to tell the true foundational events of how the church came into existence. There will be lessons that will tell you the real events and all about the people who were involved, and all of their shenanigans.

There will be counseling available by the counselor of your choice. We know we've devastated many lives and families, and wish to set things right.

We will be running the church on money made through our business ventures. Anyone who has paid tithing in the past will have it returned to them with interest. If a family member is deceased, the money will be divided between family members. All money that used to pay for missions will also be returned to its rightful owner.

We apologize if your local welder or potato farmer gave you bad advice that we insisted you follow.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 04:35PM

" we will now give you a full accounting of our finances."

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 05:03PM

"Today I will speak about the second anointing. Contrary to what you may have been led to believe, it is a real ordinance that irrevocably seals the promises of the endowment upon you. Most of you listening to me will never be eligible. Only a very few of you will even have a chance to receive it, and here's how we select them…"

"We would like to announce an official, church-approved Book of Mormon geography. The true location of Zarahemla was…"

"Beginning next Sunday, all church meetings will be clothing-optional."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 05:09PM by Book of Mordor.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 05:28PM

"Sorry we threatened to cut your throat open from ear to ear"

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:13AM

Anything (TRUE or) Important

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:18AM

Thanks for paying your tithing - we couldn't have built the City Creek mall without it.

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:47AM

From Elder Ballard (Q12)

I'm the one who gave Tom Phillips his second anointing in the Preston, England Temple in May 2002. Yes brothers and sisters, the ordinance is being performed by the Q15 for those who we pick. Tom Phillips is an honest man and tells the truth. He did not lie when he put his experience in written form on MormonThink.com.

-----
From Elder Holland (Q12)

I was ambushed by the BBC interview on that infamous YouTube video. And, I repeat, I'm not a dodo. But please don't ever forget, we did use to have penalties in the temple where we stood around the alter in the true order of prayer and pantomimed slitting our throats, cutting out our hearts, and slicing open our abdomens. Oh I miss that temple ceremony. The temple experience used to be so beautiful."

Posted by: bakagayjin ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 02:37AM

"For the next two days, the speaker will consist of the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Each apostle will speak on one of our recent essays, and three will speak at each session. Talks will be given in reverse order of seniority, ending with Elder Boyd K. Packer who will read our new essay on how we are wrong about the gays. The Priesthood session will have talks from the First Presidency, and the focus of each talk we be an apology to a group of people. I will speaking about our treatment of gay members, Elder Henry B. Eyring will speak about our treatment of women, and Thomas S. Monson will speak about our treatment of black members. Between each talk we will sing 'Do What is Right' to remind us to make correct choices in our live from now on." --Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf's opening remarks during the first session on Saturday that we will sadly never hear.

Posted by: Goofy1 ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 09:03PM

"Please examine the evidence for all sides of every issue before making your own decisions. Question everything."

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 05:56AM

" We are really serious about distancing ourselves from the blight of polygamy, so we are nullifying all of the plural marriages that existed in the early church, and we are posthumously excommunicating those involved in such marriages including Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. "

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 09:22AM

Won't hear anything from GC as I won't be listening! ;)

hilarious thread, by the way!!

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 10:56AM

What is the over/under on the year of the talk he will recycle??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 10:57AM by jerry64.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 02:04PM

"We are now issuing all members and former members a tithing refund. We desire all to receive it. All arise."

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 03:00PM

If it comes down to feeding your family or paying tithing...feed your family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.