Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 09:33AM

If what I am reading is true which is if a young male or female have had intercourse before they go on a mission, they are denied FOREVER the option to go on a mission for the Mormon Church. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

If it is true, then all missionaries are indeed VIRGINS with no life histories and no experiences other than being a kid. Could this requirement perhaps be a major reason for the epic fail in getting new converts? It would help explain why the missionaries seem to be children? The ones I have meet just seem like immature children with no knowledge of anything except perhaps how to mow the grass and wash a car. Wash the car is a high tech move for many of them. If I was TMB, I would be embarrassed for anyone to meet these uneducated ministers of the Mormon God. It is embarrassing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 10:04AM

Definitely not true. There's a young man in the ward here that just went out. Stake president just made him wait 6 months. Besides, for every one that actually confesses, there are probably 20 that just lie about it.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 12:41PM

themaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If what I am reading is true which is if a young
> male or female have had intercourse before they go
> on a mission, they are denied FOREVER the option
> to go on a mission for the Mormon Church. Can
> anyone confirm if this is true?
>
> If it is true, then all missionaries are indeed
> VIRGINS with no life histories and no experiences
> other than being a kid. Could this requirement
> perhaps be a major reason for the epic fail in
> getting new converts? It would help explain why
> the missionaries seem to be children? The ones I
> have meet just seem like immature children with no
> knowledge of anything except perhaps how to mow
> the grass and wash a car. Wash the car is a high
> tech move for many of them. If I was TMB, I would
> be embarrassed for anyone to meet these uneducated
> ministers of the Mormon God. It is embarrassing.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 12:52PM

Pretentious pimple-faced puppets perpetuate perniciously puerile perfidy per petty patriarchal platitudes.

Date: May 23, 2015 01:00PM

Methinks your typo in the title would define those of us who missed out on a mission.

Missing a mission beats missing in action mightn't you say?

Condemned to a life of nothing save nocturnal e-missions serving as vestal virgins ain't exactly the glamorous life it's cracked up to be it would seem to me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 01:07PM by Shummy.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 01:01PM

If all missionaries had to be pure and virginal to go on a mission it would cut the missionary numbers by at least 50%. You can't tell me 100% of 18 year old Mormon boys have never tasted of at least some kind of sexual activity with the opposite sex. (If we included self-gratification I'd say there would be no missionaries whatsoever) It would mean Mormons are completely off the chart different from the average high school male with regard to sexual experience.

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 01:05PM

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 02:28PM

No, I knew one guy who converted at 20 and went on a mission at 21. He had lots of sex before 20 (according to him)

But of course the baptism covered that so he never even had to officially confess to be absolved.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 02:42PM

This is no doubt why early church members would dunk and re-dunk, PRN.

Posted by: laxy ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 02:52PM

False. My roommate's ex-boyfriend has been out over a year and they had sex regularly for almost 2 years before he left. He didn't even have to wait the full year. Just a few months and he was gone.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 03:01PM

I think there's a special virginity restoration ordinance in the temple now. It happens as part of the washing and anointing when they wave their hand at your junk.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 03:42PM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think there's a special virginity restoration
> ordinance in the temple now. It happens as part of
> the washing and anointing when they wave their
> hand at your junk.

And my hand would wave back - in the form of a swinging fist - in place of my junk.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 03:02PM

Depends on who you ask:
if you ask the bishie who interviewed them, then yes they are virgins
if you ask the potential missionary while in a CULT setting, then yes they are virgins
if you ask the potential missionary when they are not in a CULT situation being interrogated, then they are not virgins

The moral of the story is - when at any CULT function or speaking to a CULTer, LIE LIKE CRAZY just like JS did.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 03:20PM

Wow, that surprises me that you could not lie considering the CULT was founded on 100% lies. Of course, you didn't know that then I guess.

Date: May 23, 2015 03:10PM

There is no way way I could have lied back then when the mormon elohim still held my brain firmly in his grasp.

Telling the truth to Gordy actually set my mind free to roam.

Posted by: CaliGirl ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 03:58PM

Your OP sounds like for you the line that differentiates an adult from a child loss of virginity.

What about a 13 year old boy who has sex? Is he more of an adult than the 30-year-old woman who's finished graduate school and traveled around the world and had several jobs, lived on her own, been in romantic relationships but has decided she isn't willing to have sex until she's married?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 04:05PM

I don't know about that, but TBMs seem to be fascinated with the missionary position. That's why they freak out over bare shoulders. But really, if seeing bare shoulders makes you fantasize about pulling on them, covering them up won't solve your problem.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:55AM

The Mormon church is THE liar.

And it teaches all its members lies, lying and getting around truths, at all costs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.