Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: escapedin2012 ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 10:54AM

I submitted by email monday, I know its only been a few days and could take a few months, but I was wondering about others experiences with this. Has anybody resigned by email lately? Has it worked following the guidlines on the main page of RfM? If so, how long did it take for a letter to be received?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dinosaurprincess ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 10:56AM

I got my reply three days later that the bishop would have to handle it. He wants to talk about it but it's just him dragging his feet.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 11:01AM

Congrats to you both!!!

Posted by: Elder Strangelove ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 11:17AM

We sent our resignations in May. One month later, we got an email from the Bishop acknowledging he received the request from SLC. About a week later, we received letters from SLC to confirm.

Congrat to you!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 12:20PM

Let us know how you like it.

Congratulations! Posts like yours always make my day!

Posted by: KrisR ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 12:49PM

Congrats! Sounds like it's getting easier to resign. Don't fall for meeting with the bishop first- it's really an unnecessary, sucky experience. Tell the bishop that if he doesn't handle it promptly, you will be talking to a lawyer. That always helps.

Posted by: miseryinmissouri ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 01:08PM

I sent my email on April 30th and had missionaries show up at my door in like the second week of June. After telling them that they could shove their crap where the sun don't shine, I had the Bishop and his wife of the YSA ward show up. I told them I was a Satanist and that if they ever came back to my property I would strike them down with the power of Satan. I then finally received my confirmation letter in the first week of July.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 01:19PM

We have resigned via e-mail 1-2 years ago and it worked. We had to do it twice I think because they first e-mail we send was no signed. The second e-mail we printed out and signed it and scanned it and sent it as an attachment in an e-mail and that one worked.

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 01:20PM

Some recent Email resignations are reported to have been complete in ten days.

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 01:20PM

Maybe check your spam folder and filter. I have my email locked down very tight and have seen times where some emails come through fine and then an hour later an email from the same sender gets hit as spam.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 16, 2015 01:27PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.