Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 09:47PM

http://abcnews.go.com/International/idaho-big-game-hunters-defend-actions-amid-controversy/story?id=32861235

I don't have anything against hunting or hunters, but I don't get "hunting" and killing giraffes. Can anyone explain this to me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 10:41PM

In my opinion...

Giraffes are big and showy...and so the people killing them can then fancy themselves as "bigger" and "showier"---especially in the photos of them hovering over the giraffe's dead body.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 10:47PM

+1

Date: August 04, 2015 01:59AM

It's like killing a horse. I don't get it.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:02PM

She should be ashamed for killing that giraffe. They shouldn't be

legal to kill.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 11:10PM

IN B4 dem mean hunters kill all the giraffe

Posted by: greenAngel ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 07:00AM

I'm not a hunter, never have been, but I do eat meat and animal products. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this, I am reminded of an article I read about some endangered rhino in Africa: when the older males get too old to mate they get super aggressive and kill the younger males. There are very few left so they sell a ticket to hunt a specific older male animal (several thousand dollars) and the money goes to helping the whole herd of animal products.

I don't know that giraffes are in the same position.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/16/us/black-rhino-hunting-permit/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2010-12-09/hunters-paying-150-000-to-kill-an-endangered-rhino-may-save-the-species

If you really like to hunt, please come to Texas and shoot feral hogs. We are overrun with them and it's open season and the meat is very yummy.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 07:25AM

Shooting feral hogs and eating their great tasting meat is a wonderful way of taking care of the need to hunt. It's downright admirable. Feral hogs are a great tasting plague. It's win-win.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 07:23AM

I like the response by Ricky Gervais to killing a giraffe, something like, "Congratulations! You've managed to kill a gentle, 14-foot tall stationary animal with a high-powered rifle!" I mean, seriously, what's the point of killing a giraffe? They are only good to us alive, so we can see their beauty and plodding yet graceful clumsiness. It's like a golden Labrador, gentle and obedient, fun to be around and good with kids. But you say, "They're awesome dogs. I've just got to shoot one!" Why?

Idiocy.

Date: August 04, 2015 10:47AM

Love it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 12:27PM

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 09:24AM

I'm in the camp that believes that there is something wrong with anyone who kills animals for FUN. -As blatantly wrong as though large signs were hung on them that read, "MENTALLY DISTURBED."

Posted by: bfp ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 12:25PM

I don't know why I think everyone from ID in the news is a Mormon.....and I wondered if she is a Mormon. She's certainly a moron.

Date: August 04, 2015 12:44PM

High probability that's why... She certainly doesn't fit the TBM motherly mode.

She loves the hunt. No feeling like it. "There's a connection with the animal..."

Still don't get it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.