Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: November 22, 2014 08:34PM

An exmo friend of mine helped a TBM friend get a job in the middle of the financial crisis. Do you know how this friend relays my friend after he leaves TSCC? He won't even pick up his call.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2014 08:34PM by newcomer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:01AM

Too many to count and too painful to think about. It all boils down to TBMs I grew up with whom I thought I'd be friends with for the rest of my life treating me like dirt at best now, like I don't exist at worst now.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 04:05AM

Suddenly the phone doesn't get answered. The texts get ignored, the calls to me stop. No conversation. None. Apparently after decades of almost daily connection, this connection is over.

I've been around awhile. I've been shunned, dumped, ignored, and other various forms of relationships coming to a screeching halt. One thing i've learned about that. It usually has everything to do with the other person, and very little if anything to do with me. Usually they're in some type of crisis that they don't want to talk about. No matter how close you were/are, they can't bring themselves to discuss their issue with you. It is what it is. I've survived it before and I will survive it now. Sometimes you just have to let some people go, and let them go in the way they choose.

I do know this, Mormonism has won out over people , family, and relationships over and over. I'm related to so many mormons that I have to expect this kind of thing if I decide to no longer be mormon.

For generations the mormon church ha been ripping families apart. I thought I was immune to that. Surprise! I'm not.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 05:05AM

The mormons you dont know suddenly make you a new project.
The ones you did know forget you exist.

People are weird.

Ive been lucky in that I havent been betrayed.

I managed to be mostly an outcast long before the title of "apostate" could be reasonably applied. So that probably helps.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.