Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 03:40AM

The one true church is being "more transparent" is being announced in the up-coming 2015 Ensign as it talks about the peep stone, among other issues. (And, everyone should congratulate the church for such moral action is being implied by said words in my opinion).

Seriously? Really? I do not think such words warrant any congratulations for moral behavior in the least.

Rather, I think the words "more transparent" implies that the church did not in the Past act transparent (clear, decisive, open, honest) and so NOW they will be MORE TRANSPARENT.

And, the important issue in bringing this up is that the cult takes no action by way of apologizing for its behavior.

It makes NO APOLOGY!!! Yet it commands its members that repentance (apology) must be done to enter into God's presence.

Hmmmmm? Something is extremely off with this picture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 05:03AM

That suggests they were lying through their teeth in the past. Now they're dribbling out a little transparence. Still, they're holding back.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 07:55AM

It appears that "church transparency" has varying degrees of clearness and opaqueness. I think their PR department determines how transparent the church is on a questionable subject. "Church transparency" is just another term for "church spin."

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 07:55AM

Sorry. My cursor rested too long over the post command.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 07:56AM by michaelc1945.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 09:50AM

"More transparent" does not = transparent. It's all in the wording. It's really just an acknowledgment that they can't keep hiding certain things.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 11:12AM

gettinreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "More transparent" does not = transparent. It's
> all in the wording. It's really just an
> acknowledgment that they can't keep hiding certain
> things.

Yes -- more than zero is still damn little. :)

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 10:20AM

Being transparent is slowly and surely not going to be their choice anymore. There are big chunks of meat floating around in the milk now thanks to Brother Google and his excellent band of Exmos. I would expect that the brethren are going to exhort their followers to ignore what's behind the thinning curtain which is becoming more ragged than transparent.

"God wants you to concentrate on the milk brothers and sisters. It will make you feel good. That's all that matters. Don't worry about the gangrenous looking meat floating by. Just trust us, er, trust God. Heavenly Father will sort it all out later. Really. No, honest. These things only 'appear' to be rotten."

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 10:33AM

Open the vaults! Then we will talk transparent.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 17, 2015 11:00AM

Those words have really bugged me too. In other words they are totally admitting to the fact that they have purposely hid all this information that they have known all along. They have let the old narratives survive in all the lesson manuals. And worse yet, they have excommunicated people who were telling the truth that was "not very useful," as Boyd Packer (Satan rest his soul) would classify it.

And they now expect kudos for being "more transparent," i.e., slightly transparent to start with.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.