Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 12:12PM

According to my Nazi TBM MIL in response to me telling her Joseph's Myth had sex with other men's wives'I don't care if Joeph's Myth stood on his head and stacked bb's! What he did was between him and God!"
I was stunned by the stupidity of that statement but had to respond, "Seriously? I'll bet you wouldn't say whatever I did was between me and God if I cheated on your daughter with the wife of another man would you?"
She didn't like that question, so I asked her another one, "No seriously, how do you justify singing the praises of a serial child rapist/wife swapper with the fact God clearly condemns that as adultery?"
She didn't like that one either so I asked again,"really, it says right in the Law of the Priesthood that there are 5 conditions for plural marriage, 1. The first wife has to give her approval Did Emma approve of Joseph committing bigamy and abusing his great power and pretend authority to have sex with the teenage orphans they were raising as their own daughters? No. She didn't even know about most of them because Joseph lied about them.
#2. They had to be virgins. We're married women virgins? Obviously not, given some of them were pregnant when Joseph "married' (raped) them and cuckolded their husbands.
3. They had to belong to no other man. Obviously disqualifying married woman.
4, They had to be given to their plural husband. Obviously you can't "give" a woman to a man if she's already married, or that's adultery, according to God, making Joseph and Brigham adulterers, in fact, not my judgement, by Gods definition.
5. The plural 'wife' couldn't be with another man after she became a plural wife or she'd be destroyed by God. Every one of Joseph's polyandrous victims returned to live with her real husband according to the historical record.
So Joseph and Brigham violated EVERY one of the 5 requirements of the"LAW of the Priesthood, clearly making them adulterers, who's praises you still sing?"
She finally had to admit, "If that's true Joseph's Myth is going straight to Hell!"
I told her, "Oh it's true. Do your own research!"
She didn't.
She just kept on singing his praises, knowing he was an adulterer, but she's got a Huge problem with homosexuals at least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jkjkjkjk ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 12:17PM

Some people liker your mother in law, have loser moral standards while others, like you, can't abide such immorality. Put it to her that way, that you understand not everyone can live up to your moral standard. This should drive her crazy :)

Posted by: grubbygert nli ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:15PM

i like your style...

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:55PM

Lol, I love the delicious irony of that, since she's pretty sure I'm Satan himself since I did the Math and figured out Joseph's Myth is a big crock of crap! Not just the lying for 170 years, but the abuse that continues to this day.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 12:17PM

Based on the basic premise that a person's actions are no one else's business and are between that person and his "god" (in whatever form that is...) sorta flies in the face of the laws, mores and rules of civilization, amiright?

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 01:02PM

Try to get her to read

http://signaturebooks.com/2010/11/excerpt-in-sacred-loneliness/

Inform her that Compton's book is cited as a source in the new polygamy essay.

Posted by: Forced_to_Sin_as_Prophet ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:05PM

It would hurt her to accept truth like the MATRIX film

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:26PM

Once you've had an opportunity to point out what a creep their leader is, the next thing to say might be:

Wouldn't it make sense that a strong teaching would be to follow the prophet, obey, and don't question the brethren? I can see why leaders like JS need to push that kind of thinking. They want the members to make excuses for anything they find out about what the leaders actually do.

Notice the teachings don't emphasize making your own decisions about what the leaders are doing. Obey. Follow. Be a sheep. That's how they get people to defend their actions.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:43PM

Whatever Warren Jeffs did....

Posted by: gentrified ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 02:45PM

Only between him and God? That makes absolutely no sense as there were 33 other women plus some of their husbands and extended family involved.

That is no different than saying, "What Bernie Madoff did was only between him and God." Or the crooks running Enron.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 03:08PM

Who are we to judge Joseph Smith? We are his fellow human beings.

And as an aside, I broke my irony meter trying to accommodate the idea of mormons telling us not to judge.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 04:12PM

I have a MIL who thinks like that. "Luckily" she is non-confrontational. She just talks about me behind my back.

Posted by: Carthage mobster ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 04:35PM

What ever I did to pervert Joe Smith on June 27 1844 was between me and god, so keep your MORmON judgments to your MORmON self, MORmON.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 23, 2014 04:38PM

MORmON *polygamy* seems so much like biblical adultery ? .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tiEwZr7vno

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.