Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mollymojito ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 05:06PM

I'm curious about how many people there might be lurking on here that attend good ol' Brigham Young.
I'm pretty interested in working out some sort of meetup for like-minded people in the Provo area. Is there any interest out there?
This may not be the proper place to discuss meetups, if there is something instituted for that I would love to know about it.

Also, has BYU honor code ever been involved with this site? Any sting operations of sorts in the past? Silly question, but I really wouldn't be surprised.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 05:27PM

I believe it's at a Starbuck's in American Fork on Sundays... I haven't made it yet, but since there are several of my good friends who are regulars, I intend to one of these days...

And yes, you want to be careful of "BYU Danites." Be sure if you visit this site it's from a safe computer, and log out afterwards (if you're registered).

BTW, I had a fare in my cab last spring who told me he taught for years at the U of U (I Googled him later, and he is indeed a world-class scholar).

His analysis: "BYU is not a university."

Good luck on achieving your educational goals at BYU. It will require a lot of independent study, sometimes telling professors what they want to hear (no matter how psychotic it appears to you), and walking a fine line...

I wish you well...

Posted by: mollymojito ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 05:46PM

Thanks! I'm pleased to say that next fall I'll be at a new school.
BYU has really done nothing for my educational pursuits. There are very smart students here, but nothing can make up for the overwhelming presence of the church and indoctrination...and it's also not very fun.

Posted by: ohlookacat ( )
Date: October 14, 2010 06:43PM

i'm in touch with a few others at byu. we're all 19. send me an email, utahthread@gmail.com

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.