Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:38PM

Needed. I almost had a daunting spell during the blood. The blood tester/ nurse for me some apple juice and a cold cloth. I get really hot around my forehead.

Afterwards my TBM dad checked with one of his doctors about weather or not he needs a colonoscopy. He's there right now. I'm in the food court drinking a cherry coke and a yogurt parfait. I'm trying to relax. Maybe I'm off the hook for X-rays since I'm not such a high risk. I'll have to wait until next week to find out when my "cancer" birthday is. Oh well. As long it's not close to my real life birthday of October 5! I'm going to be 43!

Needless to say I've had a rough morning. At home I'm watching "North and South"(Patrick swayze) as a distraction. I'm almost done with Book 1. After I finish with that miniseries, I'll either watch "Ducktales" or " The Transporter" movies and series starring Chris Vance. Now the real fun starts for me this week, the waiting for the rest results!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:43PM

Did you have colon cancer?
Sending all positive thoughts your way!

Date: September 01, 2015 12:45PM

I had testicular cancer. My TBM Dad had colon cancer.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:44PM

I hope everything comes back okay. Also, yay team Libra!!! My birthday is the 17th and I'll be 39. :)

Date: September 01, 2015 12:56PM

Libra, year of the Dragon!

:)

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 12:57PM

Yes indeed. :)

Date: September 01, 2015 01:55PM

My cancer doctor didn't order any X-rays. We checked back with on the way out of the hospital.

Date: September 01, 2015 04:41PM

I would take no-Xrays-ordered as an indicator that your doctor is pretty hopeful. :)

O/T: Southern Idaho, what is your opinion of the city of Twin Falls? It looks pretty ugly, but I need to get closer to my boys. They live in Provo, and Twin Falls seems to be the nearest with most livable elevation.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 05:14PM

I get woozy when my blood is drawn as well. I *always* insist on lying down while they do it, with a 5-10 minute "rest" period after. If they don't like it, oh well!

No X-rays needed sounds like good news to me!

"North and South" is wonderful, isn't it? I remember enjoying it when it first came out.

Date: September 01, 2015 08:23PM

North and South is wonderful all right. It's pathetic that they dont make awesome miniseries like it or "V", "Gettysburg", " Rough Riders" etc....anymore. :-(

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 05:53PM

For me, the issue with getting blood drawn is that they sometimes have trouble finding veins if someone isn't experienced. At least at the doctor's office, the lab staff is experienced enough to get enough blood. I've quit going to the Red Cross center to donate blood because they only have those who aren't experienced at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 05:55PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 01, 2015 08:55PM

Hope things are well with you.

I've been going the rounds this summer just getting things checked up, as part of a physical (in progress.) These dreaded tests and exams are nerve wracking for me.

Tomorrow I get my first ever colonoscopy. I'm already sick to my stomach from the preparation. But what to do?

I'll be very glad when it's over with.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.