Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 11:28AM

Is an aluminum water bottle OK? Plastic better or worse? Too many Mormon relatives visiting this week. My wife knows I take an occasional sip but if her mother actually saw a bottle it would hit the fan big time.

Those little hip flasks are aluminum, are they lined? Long term storage OK?

Where do you guys hide your hooch?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 11:30AM

Plastic is ok since Smirinoff come in a plastic bottle, glass, aluminum flask would be ok as well.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:47PM

As others say, glass is safest. And glass containers intended to hold drinks are best. Just find something that doesn't have a booze label on it. Never try to re-purpose some other kind of glass bottle (i.e., don't put anything that you will eat or drink in a glass container that held cleaning solvent, etc.).

If you do use plastic, remember that the liquors which come in plastic bottles are in special food-grade plastic. Many plastic bottles are not food-grade. Or, as has been mentioned, safe for solvents. So be very, very careful about plastic.

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 11:31AM

your stomach

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:06PM

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:55PM

Posted by: german lurker ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:56PM

ditto

> "Too many Mormon relatives visiting this week."

be glad that they are only mormon and not russian - 'believe me'- i speak from personal experience ... ;-)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 04:57PM

I gotta throw in with this group. I was thinking of the belly as well.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 11:32AM

Use a thermos. It's glass lined...

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:05PM

Alcohol is a SOLVENT.

I wouldn't trust anything but glass to come in contact with the vodka...

...and you DEFINITELY do NOT want microscopic particles of aluminum OR plastic transiting through, or lodging, in your brain, or in ANY of your cells.

It's not worth it. It really is NOT worth it. Honest!!!

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:29PM

Just use a different glass bottle.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:36PM

like a mouthwash bottle *LOL*

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:38PM

I keep mine in the freezer. That's a container right?

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:39PM

Just put it in your empty wine bottles. They'll never suspect a thing.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 04:50PM

That's hilarious.

Just wanted to say.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:41PM

You can leave it at my house.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:22PM

But seriously, we live close enough that you seriously could. But then you wouldn't have it handy. And you might need it.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 12:58PM

I just put mine in with the lawn mower fuel and drink it later. Great storage technique. It's not for everybody, what with the blindness issues.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:22PM

Stomachs

Posted by: jcrichards ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:32PM

I keep my vodka in the freezer. Just put it in a glass bottle and hide it in the back of the freezer.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 01:36PM

Glass or aluminum. Vokda can be placed in the freezer for a very cold drink. It doesn't freeze. But make sure it is not completely full when you put it in there.

Those aluminum water bottles (to take places) would be good and then in the freezer or wherever.
If it is in the garage with motor oil etc. she will never look there. If she does, she is a snoopy bitch and should be told off.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 02:17PM

I regulate lead for a living. Please know that "crystal" decanters have lead in them, and will leach this deadly poison into your liquor. Yes, the decanters are gorgeous with their light-refracting quality, but show them off with some water with dye in it. Don’t put anything you’re going to imbibe in them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/06/AR2006060600299.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 02:20PM by Heidi GWOTR.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 05:00PM

Thank you for the heads up. I didn't know that. Lead crystal is beautiful, all right.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 05:19PM

Are these Mormons that are coming guests in YOUR home? If they are then they should just shut the f##k up. It's none of their freaking business if you drink or not.

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 05:23PM

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 05:24PM

Lots of gardeners use vodka on their flower beds. You mix it with water and and pour it into the soil to kill fungus. This is especially true if you have roses.

If you have a yard that you tend, put the vodka on the shelf with garden chemicals. Put a piece of tape on it that says TOXIC, so nobody will drink your vodka, and visitors will think it's for the garden.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 05:28PM

In the past, I have filled up my glass with an approved liquid in front of everyone, (lemon aid, cola, etc) and wondered down to the master bedroom and topped her off with the good stuff from my stash. I think I try to go on the down low to not expose the fact that I have to heavily medicate myself to get through the evening with the TBM family.

Just don't put your glass down until empty, as my mother has a bad habit of picking up the wrong glass. I am sure I have been the cause of my mother explaining an accidental Word of wisdom sin to her bishop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 05:32PM by redpill.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 05:43PM

Store your vodka in your juices, like orange juice, tomato juice, cranberry juice. No one will suspect a thing ; ' )

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 09:27AM

Store in glass. Short term storage in plastic is ok but only certain types of plastic, graded food-safe. I never use aluminum or plastic for any alcohols or fruit, or fruit juices or any combo thereof. It changes the taste and degrades the quality.

Posted by: snowednomore ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 10:28AM

I would be worried that a member of the temple presidency, with his power of discernment, will find your stash and drink it.

Might help him cope with being in the home of an evil apostate.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 11:07AM

Put it in Mason jars, haven't you been watching the "Moonshine" series?

If you need to be labeled, call it vinegar, pickle juice, or rubbing alcohol.

Posted by: UTtransplant ( )
Date: November 25, 2014 12:43PM

Just put it in your closet or in your dresser. I still do that with the "good" rye whiskey when my son comes so he doesn't go through the whole bottle!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.