Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tofino ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 02:26PM

I didn't need to feel guilty about sex, partying with non members, and not wanting to go thru the temple and serve a mission.

I'm much happier now since resigning and moving away from my brainwashed fake tmb family. Most of whom are depressed and live in a wealthy Mormon California bubble. The females are by far doing the worst off in life.

What have you realized regarding unnecessary guilt since discovering the church is a lie?

A lot of guilt is gone about sex, drinking, and being agnostic.
The whole Celestial Kingdom fantasy is gone now and I cherish this precious life in the present moment.

I too hope to see the Mormon church continue to be exposed for the destructive cult it has always been since its beginning.

Moving away from family and not living around Mormons has helped me recover from my youth in a church dominated home by kind and well meaning but misinformed parents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 24, 2014 02:33PM

tofino Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What have you realized regarding unnecessary guilt
> since discovering the church is a lie?

That I am not the problem. The church is the problem and as long as people I love and grew up with (not the same group of people) find out where their problem lies, they will have a problem that they can't solve and I can't solve it for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.