Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 09:55PM

These teens are trying to navigate in a world that would reduce their existence to their genitals.

Which is horrifying to them because their genitals aren't "normal."

And it should be horrifying to them because equating someone to their genitals is disgusting.

Except most of these teens live in a world where they have to lie every single day to almost everyone they meet - just to survive.

People are more complex. And this world is more complex than simple black and white, male and female.

But I do find it interesting that we still live in a world where some people deserve some privacy while other people deserve no privacy.

And that's not to say that there aren't situations where privacy is a luxury.

But we still refuse as certain cultures as how to deal with that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: September 03, 2015 10:07PM

About duality being an illusion. Plus he's a junkie sociopath, so how could he have any actual insights to human nature?

But he was right. It took me a decade to finally come to terms with this concept and truly understand what it means.

The world is not necessarily "this" or "the other" and two seemingly opposite concepts/issue/ideas can both be correct.

If someone decides to make an outright ignorant or inaccurate statement, that person should b prepared to be called out on their willful ignorance.

And that's exactly what it is, WILLFUL ignorance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 10:07PM by Itzpapalotl.

Date: September 03, 2015 10:09PM

But I still want to show that this board can be thoughtful and compassionate because it is compromised of so many different people.

Posted by: Athena ( )
Date: September 04, 2015 11:51PM

I am sure you're treating intersexed people with the respect all human beings deserve. Thank you for this.

There are a LOT more people with intersex conditions than one might expect. They run the whole spectrum from "indeterminately gendered/ambiguous" to "I have WHAT? I had no idea!"

Doctors say that we all look as different on the inside as we do on the outside. There are people with one kidney, three kidneys, extra arteries, extra joints in the feet, missing parts, XXY chromosomes, and endlessly diverse mixtures of hormones. Some of these conditions make one "intersex." These are medical realities, not "lifestyle choices" - whatever THAT means.

Date: September 05, 2015 10:32AM

And hopefully help them be more compassionate.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 02:10PM

I think that compassion should be the end goal of humanity. To just love and accept people just because they are part of our species, regardless of beliefs, genitals, sexual preference, disabilities and gender identity would make this world amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 02:11PM by brandywine.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 02:14PM

brandywine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that compassion should be the end goal of
> humanity. To just love and accept people just
> because they are part of our species, regardless
> of beliefs, genitals, sexual preference,
> disabilities and gender identity would make this
> world amazing.

Yes...so VERY much, Yes!!!!!!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: September 05, 2015 02:25PM

It is a truly wonderful thing when someone feels they can be their open honest self with you. That is a rare gift they give you in return for your open heartedness and open-mindedness toward them.

That is when friendships begins.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.