Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: September 29, 2015 07:14PM

Got this letter last Saturday.

Dear Mr. Secular Priest:
I am _________Bishop. She is applying to have here sealing to you cancelled so she can be sealed to her current husband. It will assist her if you would sign the enclosed letter and mail it back to me. If you have any questions about this, please call me at XXXXXXXXXX.
Sincerely,
Bishop

The enclosed letter

Date: Fill in
To Whom It May Concern:
I Secular Priest do not object to cancelling my sealing with ________ ________ so that she can be sealed to her current husband. She does not have any financial obligations to me.
Sincerely,
Signed
Secular Priest

Let’s look at this. Two years ago my Bishop called me into his office to discuss my feeling about my ex having the sealing cancelled. I told him he can do whatever he wants because they will do what they want. “If you want to cancel the sealing know that she is not keeping the word of wisdom, not wearing her garments and a couple of other things my daughter was concerned about.” As a dad, I am concerned about how my daughter will view a cancelation so that she can be married n the temple when she is not doing the stuff she should be. Bishop, you have two daughters, how would you deal with this if it was you.” I then left his office and never heard a word again until I got this letter.

Let’s look at the letter

” Mr. instead of Brother.” How did they get my address?

“It will assist her.” I told the bishop how my wife conspired with her Bishop to take me for every dollar I had. She did not spend the monthly maintenance payments on my daughter. My son got all new clothes, she got second hand clothes and I paid over $800 a month for support payments for my kids. Then she would give me the kids and if they were sick, tell me to phone the doctor and find out from them what was wrong with them.” Yes, I will assist her like she assisted me. My Bishop said nothing when I told him this.

“She does not have any financial obligations to me” It’s all about money. How about:
“How does she support her kids?”
“Does she support you in your supporting your kids?” My daughter got married four years ago and my ex did nothing for my daughter. I went a helped my daughter get her dress, her cake, etc. My daughter was pissed.

Bottom line, MONEY!!! This is proof that all the Church is concerned about is money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: September 29, 2015 07:19PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: September 29, 2015 07:47PM

Don't send it back. As you said, they'll do what they want to anyway. You don't need to enable them. :)
Sorry for your situation. This church breaks up families.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 29, 2015 08:03PM

If you send it back with any type of critical information they will consider it. If she owes you money for child support that will hold it up.

If you send it back with your approval that's what they want.

If you don't send it back after a certain period of time they will consider your lack of response your approval.

I'd resign and want any sealing cancelled. It's all bullshit and the faster you move away from it the better.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 29, 2015 11:47PM

LDS Inc is giving you the opportunity to have them put pressure on your spouse if she has not been meeting her court ordered financial obligation. Point taken that they should check on additional items, but the fact that they do this much is better than them doing nothing, which used to be the policy.

I think that the church inquiring about whether a person has been meeting court ordered financial obligations before allowing a cancellation of sealing has been policy for at least 20 years. I don't know precisely when it started.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 29, 2015 11:51PM

frame it and hang it on your wall.

Just ignore it.

Anything else enables TSCC.

Posted by: Dead Cat ( )
Date: September 30, 2015 12:41AM

I would send this....

I will gladly consider allowing her to be sealed to her temporal husband providing he sends me eight cows or $20,000.00 their cash equivalent.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: September 30, 2015 12:59PM

Posted by: Armand Tamzarian ( )
Date: September 30, 2015 12:32PM

If the church has all the answers, why can't they solve the issue of one marriage partner leaving the church and the other wanting to get sealed to a new person?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.