Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pianoforte ( )
Date: December 02, 2014 10:07PM

Now I'm not sure if any of you did this back in the day, but every month each person in the class gives a devotional at least once.

So, this month, being Christmas-y, I need a Christmas-y scripture with a Christmas-y story with it. A little morality lesson that my lil' ol' athiest heart can bear.

As a side note, I really wish I didn't feel guilty about not doing well in the class. I just like my teacher for some reason. And my father.

I really have to go through this at least another four years...?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 02, 2014 10:23PM

Can you sing or play an instrument? If so, Christmas music is the answer.

Posted by: pianoforte ( )
Date: December 02, 2014 10:58PM

Yeah, wish I could do that. But no, they were specific in scripture and story.

Posted by: Karashka ( )
Date: December 03, 2014 12:18AM

Good Samaritan parable? Read it then talk about the importance of helping others in times of need. And that Christmas is usually a time where a lot of people struggle.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 03, 2014 02:51AM

oh yah, good old seminary! I had to go to the early Morning version of it. The Christmas sacrament meeting program......
It makes me sick, just to think about, any of it, Being exhausted, being barely able to stay awake and having to listen to all that Hugh Nibley and Cleon Skousen based MORmON apologetic scatology.
and unlike you I did not like my MORmON teachers at all, or my MORmON male parent who insisted that I go. I am not going to be any help to you at all, because if I had to do it again, I would do just about anything to get out of it.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: December 03, 2014 04:29AM

Google the Sarcastic Lutheran. Nadia is my go-to source for great and unusual perspective on the meaning of biblical stories.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 03, 2014 05:03AM

Would talking about Christmas in various cultures be a possibility and somehow tie in a benign scripture (or not)?

Best of luck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.