Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:29PM

I have 4 siblings, BD's ranging from the early 70's to early 80's

A great aunt had 14 kids

My grandma had 6 kids

My mom's sis had 7 kids

I have 2 kids

I personally know of 2 TBM families in my former ward who have 2 kids each and are done.

Edited for clarity

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 09:37PM by Queen of Denial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:30PM

My brother's 3 years younger than I am.

My sister's 6 years younger than I am.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:36PM

5 sisters and 3 brothers. (not mormon, either)

Posted by: fearguiltpromise ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:40PM

3 sisters and 5 brothers, 9 total within 16 years. I am #4 and oldest girl. Needless to say, I did a lot of the mothering for the younger 5, and sometimes the older 3. Sure was happy to get out of the house at age 18!!!

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:42PM

out of the 9 of us, I am the 3rd from oldest. Used to get asked lots "aren't y'all catholic" Nope.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:47PM

From my Mom and Dad; one brother and one sister (deceased)
From my Mom and her second husband: one brother and one sister plus 3 other brothers who were stillbirths
From my Dad and his third wife: one sister (who is younger than my own children)

All told, two full siblings and three more half siblings.

Yay! Modern families!! :D

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:16PM

Wow, she had 3 stillbirths? Were they triplets? Poor woman!

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:16PM

The singleton was a detatched placenta.

Yeah, it was hard on her but she seems to thrive on how miserable her life has been. (It's not just for Mormons. lol)

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:51PM

My sibs and me, in birth order:

J. female and exmormon
D. (myself) exmormon
J. male and exmormon
M. male and pretend mormon for inheritance possibilities (ratfink)
L. female and lovable jack mormon
K. female mormon with hope for inheritance
K. female lapdog mormon with desperate hope for inheritance

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 09:56PM

Two brothers and a sister. All 10-15 years older than me. My sister says we were raised by different parents. I agree. Her parents weren't TBM but mine were. Or in other words by the time I came along Mom had turned Dad from a jack mo to a TBM.

I'm the only one BIC and the only exmo.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:11PM

I'll probably be the outlier here- 0, zip, nada.

My dad was an only child and my daughter is an only. Mom was one of 5 (really 6 but he died shortly after birth)

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:30PM

Two older sisters. One total TBM,,,the other homosexual.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:33PM

Well, ok, 3 half sisters. We have the same father, I'm the oldest. I did not meet my sisters until I was 23 years old.

I have 2 children (boys) and was inactive Mo until 1/21/2011, now exmo.
My mother only had me.
My father had 3 more.
My aunts (mother's sis (Mo) and father's sis (Catholic) both had 2 each.
My grandmothers (one TBM, one Catholic) both had 2.

Quality, not quantity :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 10:39PM by possiblypagan.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:35PM

7, four younger brothers, 2 younger sisters, one older sister.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 10:52PM

My convert daugher I am sure will have no more than three...has one now and is 28 and a half.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:01PM

One older brother, younger brother, two half-brothers, half-sister, 9 more step siblings at one time or another. Most we had at one time was seven of us.

Posted by: En Sabah Nur ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:08PM

There are six of us - five boys and one girl. My mother kept demanding children until she had a daughter, who is the youngest. Mom still wanted more, but Dad (secretly) got a vasectomy at his parents' request.

My wife has two sisters and three brothers. She raised the last two kids with her brother, who is a year younger than her, because her parents were ineffectual at best. She missed out on a significant portion of her youth.

I have a three-year-old son and have a daughter on the way. My vasectomy will be done before the end of the year, with my wife's knowledge and support.

Posted by: jolene ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:20PM

4 Total Kids in the fam

Older Bro - 32 (TBM)
Me - 31 (Resigned)
Younger Sis #1 - 29 (Resigned)
Younger Sis #2 - 27 (Inactive for 9 years)

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: March 23, 2011 11:23PM

two older brothers and two younger sisters. between me and my sisters, our mother had two miscarriages - she alsway said that my sisters' spirits were in the two miscarriages, but did not come through because the were not developing properly, so the were given to the following two bodies.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:33AM

I'm number 9 of 11, all TBM(except me of course).

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:41AM

I knew there had to be at least one 10+ hanging around here. Interesting that the rest are TBM. Wow. I'll bet you have some stories.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:37AM

4 sisters, 2 brothers - both parents came from solid nevermo homes with only 3 kids in each. All siblings are married and have 3 or fewer children, although my 2 brothers are still in their reproducing phase (2 each). Mrs Truthseeker comes from a family of five and all her sibs have 3 or fewer chikldren with only one still in the active repro phase (1 with 1 on the way).

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:48AM

Ranging in age from 23 to 42. Most are still tbm. None of them have more than 4 kids. Several of them have 1 or 2.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:45AM

I'm just fascinated by these super large mormon families and how they evolve as the kids get older. Why do you think it is that none of them have had larger families themselves? Where do you fit in as far as rank?

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:49AM

I'm the oldest, my sister 5 years younger, brother 10 years younder THey are half/ same mother. We all were raised to gether.

On my fathers side There is one half brother that I actually knew when he was a toddler He's 5 years younger.
Just found 2 years ago there wer 2 more half sisters, 8 and 12 years younger than me and they had 2 sisters older than themselves.

Turns out my father after walking away from his second marriage ( his wife was so unreasonable and insisted he get a job, any job) He married a woman with 2 childres, They both joined LDS.
According to one of my new half sisters he wsa well loved by peple in his ward, would do anything to help people out, even taking food and money away from his family to do so. At home
he had batterd and even broken a few bones on the kids when they were small ( under 10 years old ).
If Only I had know more about him, maybe I would have paused myself before joing the church and running into that faith destroying 'multiple god who used to be a regular guy' thing.....

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:50AM

Two half-sisters. One I know, the other I've never met (Dad's daughters).

One half-brother (Mom's son) who committed suicide (long story) in 2003.

Ron

Posted by: Embarrassed regular poster ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 09:56AM

This embarrasseses me, so I posted anon.

Sister

sister

brother

sister

brother

Me

sister

brother

brother

sister

brother

sister

All by the same mother, all about one-and-a-half years apart.

I hated being part of a huge circus side show. I hated the comments in public. I hated the comments from friends about "don't your parents know about birth control?" I hated not having enough money for that many kids and being poor. I hated not having any privacy. I hated not having enough emotional resources and affection etc.

All my life my parents acted like they wanted that many kids. Then in a conversation with my mom 3 years ago, she told me that her parents made birth control seem evil, so she was afraid to use it, and she was horny and liked sex. That is why there were so many kids.

That pissed me off. It was bad enough when I thought they wanted it. It was worse when I knew that all the suffering and going without was just over fear of going to hell if you used birth control, not a desire to have all of them.

Big families suck.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:28AM

Embarrassed regular poster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Big families suck.

I second your emotion.

Mine.

R: Brother - TBM - 7 kids
M: Sister - TBM - 4 kids
L: Sister - TBM - 4 kids
J: Sister - TBM (polygamist's wife) - 8 kids
H: Brother - TBM - 4 kids
R: Me - Black Sheep - 3 kids
J: Brother - TBM - 5 kids
C: Sister - TBM - 4 kids
D: Brother - TBM - 4 kids
M: Sister - TBM - 3 kids

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 11:31AM

Embarrassed

> R: Brother - TBM - 7 kids
> M: Sister - TBM - 4 kids
> L: Sister - TBM - 6 kids not 4 kids
> J: Sister - TBM (polygamist's wife) - 8 kids
> H: Brother - TBM - 4 kids
> R: Me - Black Sheep - 3 kids
> J: Brother - TBM - 5 kids
> C: Sister - TBM - 4 kids
> D: Brother - TBM - 4 kids
> M: Sister - TBM - 3 kids

Posted by: Bubble Boy ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 12:31PM

Oldest of 6: two brothers, three sisters. I have to say I loved being in a big family: it seemed like a party anywhere we went. I do have some cousins with something like 15 kids in their family, though, and although I've never really thought about it before, I bet they were a bit embarrassed about it.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:00AM

Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:04AM

refusniks ... I like that!

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:30AM

My family was the 5 kid standard, and I'm square in the middle.

It does seem that mormon family sizes are going down for the rising generation. I'm a 29-year-old BYU alum and I haven't gotten hardly any of the "have lots of kids" propaganda. Birth control is encouraged. Times are changing.

I think a lot of young people are hearing the church say "have kids" instead of "have lots of kids."

If the church doesn't watch out, its plan for world-dominance through sheer population growth is going to fizzle.

Man I really hope the GAs don't monitor this board. If there is a GC talk on having lots of kids next week because of me I'm gonna be pissed.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 10:35AM

It was not fun being one of 12 kids. Most people in our ward thought that me and my sister (2 years older) were the same person...even my grandpa thought that we were. I felt that I had no identity.

We were poor...that's not fun! We got regular bags of clothes from ward members that their kids had outgrown...very embarrassing for a kid. Our house was so dirty that I never would bring friends over. I was really embarrassed at church because we all looked like orphans. We stuck out as 'the circus side show' even in Utah county.

When I see the show the Duggars, I want to scream. Those kids have no identity.

Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:33PM

me: one younger brother. wanted a sister too for years until i realized that all my friends who had sisters they hated each other & did nothing but fight even in adulthood. now i am grateful that i have no sisters. i adore my brother we get along wonderfully.

DH: one younger sister.

we have 2 kidlets, one of each. may possibly adopt 1 more. i loved being in a small family & so did DH so we planned our own small family.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 01:50PM

Me exmo resigned -- 3 kids
Sister New Christian--2 kids
Sister TBM--4 sons
Brother RM atheist (Dad finally got his son but no grandkids by him to carry on the family name :)

2 grand daughters (only child each)

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:07PM

4 42 grandchildren

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:13PM

1 TBM brother (disabled)
1 TBM sister

Between 6 kids, there are only 9 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren. Only 1 "GRAND" is TBM--MY DAUGHTER . . .

Posted by: chrismooon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 02:23PM

Dad: 1 of 6
Mom: 1 of 12
Me: 1 of 6

Family reunion of my mom's extended family: 1 of 1,200.
Number of ex-mos in both extended families: 6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 02:24PM by chrismooon.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:19PM

Only two younger sisters who are both nonmembers.

I only have two kids, thank God.

Posted by: zygar ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:21PM

Two brothers, one free, one shackled to the morg
One sister, also free
One daughter, never baptized, but used to go to church with her grandma every Sunday. Recently told her grandma to shove it.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: March 24, 2011 07:35PM

4+3 = 7

There were four, then my dad remarried and had three more, for a grand total of 7.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.