Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Throatwobbler Mangrove ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 02:08AM

I've never posted here before, but I saw this and knew it was worth sharing with the good people on this board.

I'm a nevermo, though a work colleague did her very best to try converting me a few years ago, and it was her that brought me here, when I decided to do a bit of investigating, as I'm always suspicious of any organization claiming to have "the truth".

The group described in the following article reminds me so much of the Morg, having read many of the articles and posts on RfM. This is not a "religious" cult, but the methods of control used by its leader seem remarkably similar to what the former members of TSCC have written about on here. Tell me what you think; I'd be very interested!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2871432/I-brainwashed-cult-one-woman-escaped-rebuilt-life.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 02:28AM

... then it's gotta be THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH!

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 05:11AM

The last item on the list says it all:

"Deception: what you thought you’d get on joining turns out to be something else."

One of the worst things about Mormonism is that it takes years after giving much time and money for most members to fully realize this (if they ever do).

Posted by: flyindoc ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 10:48AM

Posted by: Tom Padley ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 10:49AM

Alexandra's cult called O is extreme, but so was the hidden Mormon polygamy group in Nauvoo. And when Brigham established his kingdom in Salt Lake it was a very closed system. TSCC is modernized on the outside but it is still a cult. And many, if not all of the criteria at the bottom of the article about Alexandra still apply today once you've gone through the temple. Sunday worship is for cult indoctrination - visitors welcome. Temples are the main cult activity centers - entrance by recommend only.

Posted by: flyindoc ( )
Date: December 14, 2014 10:50AM

Many sects of Christianity have also drifted into some, if not all, defining aspects of a cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.