Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: April 01, 2016 08:39AM

So I went to church for my nephews baby blessing and several of my tbm family members got up to bear there precious little testimonies saying stuff like how Mormons are the nicest most caring people ever and how they just had so much LOVE for there family members and how God sent us here to help and comfort people in there time of need and to help bear there burdens sounds super sugary sweet don't it? Well later at the family gathering I heard some of the same people gossiping about my cousin who's mentally ill about what a huge pain in the butt she is and they made fun of her and said how trashy she is and how shes not worth hanging out with then they even went on to say that they wished she would just die because she isn't going to college like the profit says you should even though they went to college only to work for a year or two then stopped to have tons of little mormon babies not that that's a bad thing if that's your thing but to put someone down for not being in college and working when you barely even worked yourself is bullshit! And well anyways they went on to say that its too bad mentally ill people cant just all die since they are all so worthless they didn't use the word worthless but that's pretty much what they meant. I kinda wanted to get up and yell wow! Heil Hitler! Seriously it made me want to Ralph all over them I mean what is there fucking problem?!?! How would they like it if THEY were the ones with mental illness and there family members treated them like that? And mental illness is really a persons own fault let me tell ya!

Also I tried opening up about my depression issues to one of them once and I elwas told " happiness is a choice its your own fault if your not happy the reason other people are happy and your not is because they CHOOSE to be happy and you are being a grouch and CHOOSING not to be happy this person told me that with a smug smile on there face they have also had a wonderful pampered little life while mines been pretty fucked up at times I should have never trusted them to confide in but I honestly thought they would have been nicer to me than THAT so much for "bearing one anothers burdens" I guess it just pisses me off how they can get up and talk about how "loving and caring" they are and then treat people who have actual burdens like complete shit I mean I just don't even know what they are thinking its pretty clueless of them to say the least....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 01, 2016 08:57AM

I kept wondering why my narcissistic sister was so entrenched in religion even after she left tscc. She was never one to keep the Word of Wisdom, directives on chastity, or even pay tithing. I read that narcissists are drawn to religion because part of their disorder is to always look like they are superior to others. Religion gives people the opportunity to talk the talk without having to walk the walk. They can spout all the religious self-righteous rants they want at church with their groupies and yet go right outside church an act like total horrors.

If you want to find the largest group of narcissists in one place......go to church. Any church.

Posted by: ChubbyTheFat ( )
Date: April 01, 2016 09:24AM

With the LDS you get the Stepford clan. With born-again Christians you get Fox News watching simpletons who think waving the flag should be the next commandment. With Catholics you get Heisenberg.

Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 04:04AM

#mormonsgonnamorm

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 04:10AM

They all sound messed up to me.

Zero compassion or empathy. What would happen if you told em to shove off and put a sock in it?

Give em hell back is giving them a dose of their own medicine. With family like that, who needs enemies?

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 02, 2016 06:03AM

Sadly, I remember hearing mormons at church giving the same kind of remarks about people who are depressed or suffering from mental illness. The attitude is, every good in a member's life is due to the church, and everything bad is the person's own fault.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.