Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 10:17PM

Can't believe the D-News prints this as faith promoting. Another example of breaking up a family for god. Disgusting!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865652521/Mormon-Channel-Instagram-post-brings-single-mother-BYU-student-together.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 10:22PM

She dumped the child's father in a headlong rush to be Mormon. They think that's a good thing?

Date: April 19, 2016 10:26PM

Apparently. Plus, if I were the woman, I'd want to be as low key as possible, especially for her son's sake. The last thing I'd want is to have my story splashed across the news & held up as an example for others.
This is really f'd up.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 10:28PM

Exactly what happened to me.

she wrote in her divorce complaint: "he stopped going to church";

Never mind any allegations or even suggestions of adultery or abuse...

Yes, this is how TSCC effects these bigots, while LDS Inc. sits back & Enjoys the show!

Posted by: FormerBishop ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 10:58PM

Reminds me of an associate I know who left her husband because he stopped believing. No issues of violence, cheating, unkindness, etc. She wanted a "worthy priesthood leader" in her home.

LDS Inc. is just fucked up in my view.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 11:07PM

That's what happened to me, after 18yrs.... Fucking cult

Date: April 19, 2016 11:11PM

That situation is bad enough. But to hold it up as a good example? That's crazy. Families Forever-my ass.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 08:42PM

Exactly why am divorced after 10 years.

I wasn't a worthy prickhood holder.

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: April 21, 2016 10:42PM

And, did she indeed find a replacement "single, normal, worthy" priesthood holder? I would bet not. They're unicorns.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 11:23PM

That is such a sad story. I feel so sorry for her son.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 19, 2016 11:36PM

To use a military expression, this is FUBR--fucked up beyond recognition! It's conceivable that the marriage was not working and divorce was the best option for the family. However, the way the DN portrayed it, it was the lack of religion that made the woman realize she needed a new husband. The news reporting of the DN lacks quality, probably because the only agenda is to promote Mormonism, at all costs. The Boner.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 12:21AM

Families CAN BE Together Forever.

Listen up all TBM's, families will be together in the next life without Mormonism.

Mormonism takes what you already have and then sells it back to you.

This article is shameful.

Date: April 20, 2016 10:27AM

"Mormonism takes what you already have and then sells it back to you."

That should be on a bumper sticker & a billboard in Utah County.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 12:34AM

If this lady ever realizes the truth about mormonism, she'll have a very difficult time with that. I would like to hear how that all goes when her 18 year old son doesn't go on a mission because he found out the truth on the internet, and he feels so bad for his biological father.

Just thinking that might be how it all shakes out. Only time will tell.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 12:40AM

Or the new hubbie decides to practice what Joseph Smith taught in D&C 132. "Honey, I've been commanded by the Lord!..."

Posted by: kaci ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 04:04AM

I was once told by a missionary when I was pregnant "youre a really nice girl and perfectly capable of going to the celestial kingdom but your husband is holding you back" after hearing that I wanted a divorce (I didnt ask for one thank goodness) but the following week when I told the missionaries I was fighting with my husband and that he left and I didnt think he was coming back they were happy for me even though I was in tears. These people are just awful.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 10:00AM

Most of the arguments my wife and I have had were somehow related to Mormonism or some inherent Mormon expectation/anticipation of admission to the celestial kingdom. My wife told me that one of the missionaries (an 18 yr-old boy) practically argued with her (a middle-aged woman) against marrying me for no other reason than I wasn't Mormon. She's very glad that she ignored the Elder's "advice".

BTW, welcome to the board.

Posted by: kaci ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 12:44PM

thank you for welcoming me! that is exactly what our argument was about, he went out to watch a football game with his friends and when he came back he smelled like beer, I flipped out and told him he "wasnt mormon enough" for me. after our fight I realized how dumb it was and snapped into reality.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 06:49AM

This speaks to that persistent Mormon need to fuck its own self, then wonder why people don't like or trust them.

Date: April 20, 2016 09:20AM

I don't think this crap is designed to make others like or trust them. I think it's designed to make them feel better about themselves. Normal people find this story repulsive.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 09:29AM

A pretty face can take you far. The article should have mentioned that...

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 10:24AM

There's 2.5 minutes of my life spent on information completely irrelevant to my existence. I would've gotten more spiritual nutrition from Kim and Kanye.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 01:19PM

Interesting how Mormons can brag about blatant disobedience to scripture--

"13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and
if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

"14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and
the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were
your children unclean; but now are they holy."

1 Corinthians 7:13-14

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 07:13PM

All those damn mormon buzzwords: "impressed", "principles", "gospel is true", "amazing".....and TITHING; she started her journey back into TSCC by tithing!!!!!!

"I just started with little principles. … I started paying tithing and seeing the blessings that came from it there,”

Aaaagggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 07:17PM

Seriously, what other harmful cult can do this in public? It is like Jim Jones talking about how good his Koolaid was for his follower's souls.

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: April 20, 2016 07:27PM

"I started paying tithing and seeing the blessings that came from it there" Notice how the article mentions **paying tithing*** and but does not specify the ***blessings***.

TSCC is always striving for the "show me the money" aspect of faith.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 21, 2016 01:09PM

I hate it when "and then the magic happens" and I get no Deus ex machina payoff. What are those blessings!!!!????&&&&$$%^@#$%@

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.