Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:20AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:46AM

Going to see the Nutcracker with my SIL and her granddaughters. So excited. 50th anniversary of this rendition. I saw the first performance with my Mom.

Posted by: already gone ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:46AM

I'm attending tscc, but it's Christmas lessons/programs all around so no biggie. not going to SS though lol

Posted by: jellobeltnevermo ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:52AM

Hiking in the Superstition Mountains.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:55AM

Watching Netflix, coughing and being all around obnoxious right now. Some friends were going to stop by, but we had to cancel.

BTW, the flu shot does not work on Influenza A this year. That is what I have. There is a quick test for it in the Dr's office.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:07PM

Oh, Eric! So sorry to hear that! And at Christmas...bummer! Get well soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 12:07PM by gemini.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:08PM

Since I am the designated driver I take DW to SM every week.

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 12:27PM

I'm on puppy watch. My black lab is in the process of birthing a litter as I write this. 2 born, hopefully another 7 or so. This will probably take several hours. A planned litter.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 03:51PM

Sending tail-waggin good wishes to your doggies! And you too of course!

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 04:13PM

Thanks. 11 now! Hope that's all. Momma dog doing well.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 01:07PM

Getting a rare weekend with NO PLANS!!!!!

The entire weekend is mine, so I'm getting groovy, and having fun in the kitchen today.

No reason other than I want to cook.

Starting with a batch of the spiciest, moistest, most perfect pumpkin bread followed by:

Yesterday I trimmed a tenderloin and today the scraps are going to become meatball subs. Mmmmmm.....sacralicious

Then for dinner I have chicken thigh marinating and it will be Murgh Makhani and some saffron rice & store bought naan.

Posted by: elfling_notloggedin ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 01:14PM

3D printing zombie-xmas cookie cutters for this evening. Oh, and listening to Bob Rivers christmas carol parodies. :)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 01:34PM

Went out Christmas shopping, found a new beer shop, so spent some money on beer and mulled wine! Yay! Then we had fish and chips in a restaurant.

Now I am working on some projects of my own and hope to settle down with my wife with some mulled wine and the 1951 version of a Christmas Carol. Beautiful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 01:34PM by matt.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 02:13PM

Coffee (a lot) and preparing for our family to arrive for Christmas. Some shopping this afternoon (I drive, my wife shops) and then home for supper and booze.

Ron Burr

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 02:20PM

I'm enjoying my coffee after having read the paper as well as slept in. I might do some grocery shopping to get stuff for the dinner as my family has the big dinner on Christmas Eve, as I've finished my other shopping.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 02:22PM

I am at my son's swimming lesson and feeling great, even with residual yuck, after being in bed with the flu for a good part of the week.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 02:54PM

Went to breakfast and coffee with my husband this morning. I love Sunday mornings like that- where he and I can get away from the kids for an hour or so, eat a tasty bagel sandwich and sip on a latte and just share ideas, or just sit and enjoy the ambiance.

I'll be roasting a chicken for dinner and making banana bread. Sundays are the best days now!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 02:57PM

Cleaning, wrapping some presents, and finishing up my treat bags for my clients and their children, furry or not. I need to make a batch of coconut dog treats and then I'm done!

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 03:42PM

Rfm-ing

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 04:00PM

My husband and I went to a small country church for morning services.

Then - heavens forbid -- we went to a small town restaurant for lunch, followed by a trip to WalMart to pick up some more tape for the Christmas packages.

Then we came home, and my husband is wrapping the remaining gifts.

Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 04:03PM

Making cookies to give to my neighbors. We actual know them very well and like them and it is not an assignment

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 04:29PM

I am on my 15 minute break at work. Once I am off I am going to go home, get a nice shower and park my self on the couch for a few hours. Hopefully I can have a nice evening before I go to bed because I have three early mornings between now and Christmas eve.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 05:20PM

Baking cookies, wrapping gifts, cleaning.

Christmas is at my house this year. I have 5 extras that I don't usually have. One new grand daughter, her other grandparents, and an aunt and uncle. They're Cuban, and are going to be roasting a whole pig out in the back yard. This should be a fun Christmas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 05:21PM by madalice.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 05:39PM

Mass at my Anglican parish church. Sang in the choir which I love. Sitting right now watching the Cowboys all over the Colts.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 06:00PM

Our church's school of rock provided the music. We had a theme of solstice celebration of coming light. Closing song was rock n roll Christmas. We danced and clapped along. We had fun!

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 06:19PM

Getting excited!!!

Posted by: To hell in a handbasket ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 06:58PM

Well, i just got off work this morning. my home health care client/boss broke her femur, so I got to hang out with her for my shifts (not a bad thing). made up for lost sleep with a nice nap, took a great shower (after-work showers are always great), and had some lasagna. oh, and i read some rfm. Much better than any day at church :)
always hated how if i got hungry at church I just had to be hungry until we got home. I'm feeling snackish now and it's so liberating to actually be able to go eat something! (and dont even get me started on fast sundays... lol).

Date: December 21, 2014 07:45PM

Trying to find out what words are prohibited on this site today.

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 10:18PM

Only those words with eleven letters or more.

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Nope, that was not correct. In fact it was an Floccinaucinihilipilification of my efforts to help diagnose the problem.

Well shit, now what?

Well, damn the good luck...the word shit made it.

Really I don't know why the fuck you can't get any good words to upload.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 10:25PM by oldklunker.

Posted by: Stocking Stuffee ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 07:55PM

We had a baby today instead :-)

Date: December 21, 2014 08:11PM

CONGRATULATIONS! nobody can trump that!

RB

Posted by: Stocking Stuffee ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 09:01PM

Thank you!

Posted by: Bednar's Barber ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 09:17PM

Wow! What some people will do to get out of going to TSSC! ;-)

Congratulation!

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:04PM

Wow, congrats! Details?

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 11:08PM

We actually had our Christmas celebration today, so I feel like Christmas is already done - kind of disorienting though.

But my son and future DIL are going to Long Island ON Christmas so we had them here early. I actually really liked having it early. We did everything exactly as on the actual day.

Now my husband and I are taking a little road trip on Christmas.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 09:12PM

Went shopping with my daughter. Loads of laughs! We came home and listened to music while we talked and daughter knitted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 12:42AM by wine country girl.

Posted by: AnnaMarie ( )
Date: December 21, 2014 09:58PM

I went Christmas shopping with my husband We watched Christmas movies with our kids.

Posted by: nomorefencesitting ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 12:12AM

I am trying to figure out how to decorate the new house I moved into a month ago. Now that I finally have time off, I can now organize my things...all before Christmas, hopefully.

Posted by: roslyn ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 12:17AM

Court of Honor, first time I've set foot in the church this year. Last time I will ever set foot in an LDS church building ever. It was pretty uneventful.

It was also my son's birthday, we took him and his friend out for birthday dinners as their birthdays are a day apart.

Then helped my mom decorate her tree and my daughter and I went grocery shopping.

Posted by: Anon54 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 01:14AM

Spent the day with my atheist dad. Told him I resigned from the church and asked his forgiveness for being a prat and getting married in the temple. I'm divorced now and have been for years but I wanted him to know how sorry I was for hurting him so deeply all those years ago. One of my best Sundays ever.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.