Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: johnstockton12 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:07PM

Huge fight after Memphis beat BYU in the Miami Beach Bowl!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 06:47PM by johnstockton12.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:10PM

Mormon's hate to loose - loosers!

Posted by: Robert Hall the Utah Photo GOD ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 09:56AM

moremany Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormon's hate to loose - loosers!

Is it too tight garments that have you so confused you can't spell Losers?

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:13PM

We posted about the fight at the exact same time. We think alike.

Date: December 22, 2014 06:18PM

Every member a UFC fighter! That is gonna be bad PR for the church. People are gonna see that as classless. About 10 Cougars stomping and punching that Memphis player was all over ESPN!

Date: December 22, 2014 06:21PM

This is gonna get more coverage than Kate Kelly and the essays combined! It's sad sometimes people pay more attention to sports then things like that. But Americans love their football

Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:26PM

This will get a news blurb. That's all. Mormons are winners!

Date: December 22, 2014 06:31PM

Posted by: Caleb ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:40AM

Hope so. Nacua actually sucker punched a coach on Memphis and then was floored (as he should have been). The 2nd punch is his second haymaker.

56 from BYU pushed and head butted 97, that started the whole thing.

there is a reason why mormons have been chased from every state in the union until settling in Utah.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 08:19AM

This is a free gift to us all for Christmas. We should rejoice. It is as if someone finally bought me my set of Weather Tech floor mats that I desperately want for my truck.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 08:26AM

Well have you been a good boy?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 09:48AM

Well, YEAH! You have to ask? Somebody die and make you Santa? Of course I've been a good boy! And I want my Weather Techs, dammit! (But the brawl was almost as good, and I may have to settle.)

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:24AM

Lol...sorry, no I didn't need to ask. This is better then the "free gift" of the ressurection which TSCC loves to brag about. I'll take what I saw in the aftermath mayhem of this game for my x-mas present over ressurection any day.

Posted by: heberjgrunt ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 08:30AM

Just when I thought there would be no more bad PR for TSCC they go and totally redeem themselves! Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:41AM

While I think that Mormons and the Mormon Church will be embarrassed by this fight it will be essentially only of passing interest to the rest of the world which is not at all focused on things Mormon the way this board is. A bunch of kids losing it in the heat of the moment isn't actually a first in sport. It takes two to fight but apparently on this board at least it was all the fault of the BYU players.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 11:06AM

The game was televised at 11:00 am on a working-day Monday, a week or more ahead of the 'real' bowl games, in a pro baseball stadium. Other than the participants and their fans, I also doubt few people care.

And in the sports world, I doubt most fans think football players should "turn the other cheek." I can see just as many sports fans supporting the BYU players' actions as criticizing them.

The issue is why does Jesus even having a football team. You won't win many games while living the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount.

Date: December 23, 2014 12:49PM

Analysis of the fight appears to be showing that a Memphis player started it. How many here would have walked away after seeing a team mate being set upon by the other team?

Date: December 23, 2014 04:50PM

Reports I have read suggest he was pushed into the Memphis player, the reason he turned to see who was behind him, and then was punched from behind by the Memphis player.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 10:54AM

>there is a reason why mormons have been chased from every state in the union until settling in Utah.

*winner winner curelom dinner!

Date: December 23, 2014 03:37PM

I have been observed many comments on twitter and facebook on their whats trending page. All I can say is that a lot of people noticed who aren't LDS or in Utah, and immediately made the connection of BYU and the LDS church. Many were disgusted with BYU and were quick to criticize them saying they teach to love and forgive others, but here they are doing the opposite.

All in all it was a bad day for tscc.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 03:56PM

I just want to remind everyone that TSCC has a history with going back to the Mormon brigades, Danites, local LDS militias, etc...

There is nothing in their teachings (in fact just the opposite with the temple oath of vengeance) that Mormons can defend themselves, their family and their property without sinning. The outside world has to accept that Mormons never were pacifisct or Quakers. It's part of the violent history of TSCC and even America that Mormons do fight physically if they feel threatened.

This incident could be used to advantage by BYU; I mean Brigham Young was one of the most blood thirsty, vengeance requesting leader of all times, and now TSCC and the school could and should share that information.

Posted by: Hmmm... ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 04:19PM

But the lads were still suffering from the public humiliation of the Strippling Warrior Day Parade and the profound psychological after effects of fantasizing about pounding someone to death with a wooden closet rod.

You know. PTSD?

https://www.google.com/search?biw=2133&bih=981&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=strippling+warriors+parade&oq=strippling+warriors+parade&gs_l=img.3...6193.9124.0.10390.7.7.0.0.0.0.98.384.7.7.0.chm_lang...0...1.1.60.img..7.0.0.bmv2lDhvZhE

Loving and peaceful religion? You decide.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 04:21PM

Well you can be sure that they'll be sharing that information....

just as soon as the Timpanogos glacier melts.

Posted by: belle ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 09:04PM

Coverage of fight on the NBC nightly news with Brian Williams. A bit bigger than the predicted small blerb.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 23, 2014 09:11PM

They can probably blame their team masturbation rates for the debacle. The Holy ghost went free agent on their asses.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.