Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:07PM

It's funny watching mormons not acting Christlike like they all say they are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:09PM

Mormons hate to loose. Wait 'till they get to the afterlife - talk about a waste!

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:39PM

Reading their board after the game several posters mentioned that it wasn't a very good "missionary tool", referring to the fight.

Pretty much everything to a Mormon is how they will be perceived in the public. It's all about missionary work. I guess the point of BYU football is to bring more converts into the church.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:43PM

What bunch of entitled self-indulged bafoons. Bwhahahahahahah.

For any of you morons reading his thread: Where was your Mormon God? Where was Jesus? Where was Eloheim? The holy mackandcheesydick penishood? The garmies?

Apparently those penishood powers did not kick in for this Memphis team. I was astounded to see one of the BYU priesthood holders cold cock a memphis player in the back of the head.

Posted by: adult of god nli ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:52PM

I saw a couple of BYU players k,o ked to the ground and being kicked by Memphis players. Seems like bad behavior on both sides.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 06:59PM

Agreed. Not sure how it started since the cameras were on the guy that got the interception for a while, but there was ugly behavior on both sides. Number 12, the guy that ran up and punched the guy from behind, had just been punched in the face and knocked to the ground by the guy...looked like he was going to need stitches after the game. Either way, that kind of behavior doesn't belong in sports...especially over a crap bowl that nobody cares about.

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:02PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:02PM

There were fighters on both sides. It looks like a BYU player was the first to dive into the Memphis dogpile. But what the cameras focused on was that BYU kid, Macau or whoever, who was throwing the punches from behind while the coach was trying to help the Memphis player out of the fray. Unfortunately for BYU, that's what the news will focus on. I was wishing Memphis would just walk off the field, but they weren't taking the high road either.

So much for BYU trying to tout their so-called "honor" code, though. "Look at us, we're so moral that we won't let someone play who has slept with his girlfriend in the privacy of his own home. But we'll beat the shitt outta you."

Posted by: johnstockton12 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:05PM

Funny how KSL and Deseret News are mum on mentioning anything about the fight.

Date: December 22, 2014 07:09PM

This will be bigger than the essays and Kate Kelly combined! No one unfortunately pays attention to things like that with the church. But BYU football gets huge publicity. That fight and those sucker punches were all over national television and right now is the number one trending topic in the country.

Date: December 22, 2014 07:13PM

This game brought so many bad things to the church today. Bronco will probably get fired for poor clock management and play calling. As well as a laughable call of him trying to ice the kicker on the PAT!

Bronco getting fired will show lack of unity and chaos for BYU football. BYU is losing their identity with nothing to play for.

No conference will want to pick them up after this.

ESPN is probably disgusted and might drop their contract after this.

BYU will have nothing to play for which will hurt recruiting.

Other recruits will see all this and BYU football will continue to spiral downwards.

Date: December 22, 2014 07:48PM

Awesome post...I agree, this will hurt recruiting, etc. Plus, just adds to the ultimate downfall of this wretched cult. Wait a bunch of soar losers.

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:15PM

So is sucker punching an opposing player as #12 did (even if you were hit first) and fighting (no matter who started it) in violation of the BYU Honor Code? Looks like from the video #56? from BYU started it by head butting #97 from Memphis. Will there be actions against the BYU players involved?

Date: December 22, 2014 07:15PM

The Video will be reviewed by the NCAA and definite suspensions will result because of this.

The whole country will see this tonight!

Thank you BYU football for adding to the slow yet steady downfall of the LDS cult!

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:27PM

the conference will look at it, oh, wait...

Posted by: Elder OldDog ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:33PM

But what if they promise to repent?

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:21PM

Reminds me of all those years when I was an active church member and was involved in church basketball....

Boys (called Elders and High Priests) will be boys.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 07:22PM

they were not high priests

Date: December 22, 2014 07:22PM

http://fox13now.com/2014/12/22/brawl-breaks-out-after-byu-loss-at-miami-beach-bowl-warning-graphic-content/

Rumor is that Kai Nacua #12 the guy who threw the sucker punch was kicked off the team immediately and arrested!

Date: December 22, 2014 07:36PM

Insiders and experts are all saying BYU and Memphis could be suspended bowl games for a year or two by the NCAA!

That would destroy BYU football. No conference would pick them up after that. It could even destroy the program.

Date: December 22, 2014 07:53PM

Yep'...hahahahahaha. Much deserved. This is so exciting. Thank you Mormon God.

Date: December 22, 2014 08:30PM

I just saw what led to the "fight." Memphis intercepted a poorly thrown YBU pass to end the OT. They began to celebrate at the spot of the interception..in celebration. It did not appear to be an intentional diss to BYU. It was a spontaneous celebration. Why in the hell would two BYU players get pissed off at that and jump in the pile and start throwing slugs...got me. Thank you to those two BYU players for the eventual downfall of the football program at BYU. Mormons do not like to lose. It it's a diss to their faith. They love to fight - that coming from a former stake athletic director - me. They're idiots. Sore losers and entitled. They don't like to follow the same rules. Their law is above everyone elses. You got what you deserved dumb asses.

Posted by: Bronco ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 08:01PM

Can you give me a source for that . . . also a copy of the help wanted section?

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 08:02PM

Thanks for the smile, "Bronco"!

Date: December 22, 2014 08:05PM

Nothing on KSL or DN still! I'ts been 2 hours after the game ended!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 08:05PM by johnstockton12.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 08:06PM

What a bunch of idiots. I watched footage on the Washington Post website and it looked like a real brawl. I wonder how the church will handle the spin on this - or if they hope it will just go away.

Posted by: TheNavidsonRecord ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 08:06PM

I don't see how this is "mormon" just a bunch of jocks. You get alot of cocky, big chested guys together they're bound to fight.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 08:21PM

It's the fact that all mormon byu fans act like everybody at the school is perfect.

Date: December 22, 2014 08:36PM

Moromon jocks....the BYU started this fight in at least three different scenarios, the first one being the dogpile that they should have stayed out of. NO OTHER TEAM IN THIS COUNTRY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MAD ABOUT THE DOG PILE. Everything offends them.

Date: December 22, 2014 08:07PM

I feel bad for the missionaries who are serving there. The South can get pretty rough

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 09:01PM

Y'all act like the rest of the world cares.

Posted by: BoydFromOz ( )
Date: December 22, 2014 09:11PM

Ego, steroids and the alpha male typical immature idiot American male. And people are surprised?

It's University sport. In the rest of the world you'd get 5 people to it.

But there are the cheerleaders, the marching bands. All on scholarships. Ahh Amerika

Meanwhile the rest of the world plays rugby or other sports that don't need padding and laugh at this game

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.