Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: politicaljunkie ( )
Date: July 01, 2015 10:26PM

Excellent report by Al Jazeera America. The video is five and a half minutes.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/6/30/mama-dragons-make-life-easier-for-gay-mormon-children.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 01, 2015 10:46PM

I loved this. I'm glad the kids are getting support and voices rather than being thrown out into the street. And applause to the family for allowing the Kid to leave the church rather than forcing attendance.

First let me say, I am gay...and I wish there had been groups around back when Pluto was a planet and the Brontosaurus was still a real dinosaur.

The only issue I'm finding that there are too many of these "Gay Mormon" support groups. Affirmation, building bridges, Sit with Me, The Abhau family http://gaymormonstories.org/083-jake-and-meg-abhau-part-3-where-they-discuss-the-churchs-impact-on-lgbt-and-their-activism/

Because the families of the Duessen live in the SLC Valley they had to form their own group? The group as far as I can tell does nothing that PFLAG doesn't. Are these groups getting too personalized? For instance, is Mama Dragons just for Mormons w/gay children; do they also invite those parents of other religions? Are they working with the Abhau family or group?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 10:47PM by dydimus.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 30, 2016 04:48PM

Just came across this on video online.

It's good to know for those with loved ones/children or themselves in need of support in the LGBT community.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.