Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 10:10AM

Do you look forward to eating food items left at your door by unknown terroist? I mean not only could the food taste bad but it might be filled with some kind of disease that will make you sick or even kill you. You may say but it is from Mormons but really do you trust their lime green jello with shredded carrots and mayo? How many of their own have gotten sick or died from their pot luck dinners?

Food left at my door goes straight into the garbage. Do you eat the crap Mormons leave at your door?

If they want to impress me - leave cash.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 11:35AM

Having been out officially more than 30 years, mormons no longer leave questionable love bombs on my doorstep.

If they did, I'd toss it as well.

Isn't it amusing how mormons are one of the groups that are very hyperactive about dangerous halloween candy, but think it's fine to leave anonymous food on somebody's porch and assume they'll just eat it without wondering about it?

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 01:32PM

Even though cash is dirty, filthy, germ-covered and downright disgusting, it still spends.

;^)

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 03:14PM

If they don't feel comfortable leaving cash, tell them you'll compromise for gift cards.

Gift cards for restaurants would be equivalent to leaving food, but without the inherent dangers of terrorist treats.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 04:33PM

So Master, are you the type who worries about what's in the "secret sauce" in a Big Mac? Just asking!

Most of the neighborhood shit gets dumped along with the "we whisk you a Merry Christmas" dollar store accoutrements.

My favorites this year have been some holiday cookies that some neighbor kids made. You know the kind of cookies...the type that the kids didn't wash their hands and the dog licked. Just because parents love their kids and put up with bad hygiene, doesn't mean the Boner has to!

Have a terrific holiday!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 04:40PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 04:44PM

I havent gotten any since I resigned. Before it depended on how it looked and where it was left. I never got sick and I always like cookies and candy.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 05:12PM

I've posted this before, but the MOs not only left a plate of chocolate chip cookies unsolicited at a friend's house, but they OPENED the door and stuck them inside.

Mega bucks at the vet after her dog ate them. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs. She was in the back yard, but from then on, she locked her door, even when home. This was in Kanab.

Posted by: jonny ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 06:11PM

I haven't gotten anything in awhile until this year,and I knew who it was from and she is picky . She dropped it off along with the leash and toys I had loaned her when her MIL dropped her dog at their door to take care of .

other than that I haven't gotten anything in a long time. I don't mind a bottle of sprite or something though.

I don't even get booed at Halloween. How passive aggressive is that? Yet our house is on the corner and always a ward and/or stake boundry and so I have heard over the years they say our last name "hey, the boundry is that white house that the smiths live in on the corner". Yep, thanks so much.

They can't say our name right anyway so it would be nice if we were smiths!!

My son and I did get some stuff from his bff mom.....she is really sweet. we are really kinda broke. so it was very nice of her. Not food either.

We had to borrow a tree from them too....it isn't up yet, gotta get it up tonight!! it is white, so that will be fun. we have never done a white one, but it was free so who cares, it was nice of them to offer. Better tings I can do with tree money!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.