Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 11:46AM

Yesterday morning about 4am, there was a shooting and a 16 year old boy died. This was in Rose Park, an older area of Salt Lake City, west of downtown (about 3 blocks from where I live). I’m in a Facebook group with Rose Park/Glendale residents and it was all the talk yesterday.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=40517980&nid=148

Before noon, a guy who is a member of “The Redeeming Life Church” posted this:

“You may have heard, a 16-year-old boy was found dead in a car in the Glendale area early this morning. He was shot in the head. Details are still coming together, but police are interviewing two of his friends who were with him and they believe he was shot at 600 North and 1000 West. At this point, police have commented that the kids don't seem to have a "hard edge" about them and there is no evidence that this was drug or gang related.
This is very sad and more evidence of our community's need to be redeemed by the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We will be praying for this boy's family and friends, as well as for the person or people who did this. As we will pray for God's peace and blessing our community in this sad time. Whether you need prayer or would simply like to stand with us in prayer, please join us at 600 North and 1000 West tonight (July 5th) at 7pm.”

I had to work last night or I might have gone, but apparently there was several dozen people who showed up. I thought it was a nice thing to do, and it had nothing to do with TSCC. I guess that’s not something that they do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 12:44PM

I lived in rose park when there was a duel at smiths grocery store.
Both gang bangers died.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 01:02PM

After I posted that, I had the cable guy come for a service call. He told me he couldn't get in and had to go around, due to cop cars and yellow tape. There was a guy in handcuffs on the lawn and someone told him there'd been another shooting...Yikes.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 06, 2016 01:49PM

There should be a sign: "Rose Park is not Mountain Meadows".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.