Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 11:17AM

Some of you may remember that we had a lot of fun writing helpful product reviews for the Book of Mormon, as well as the Angel Moroni Tie pin, and the iron rod tie pin that looked like, well it looked like a hand holding onto a certain male body part. Now I have found another wonderful product that could use our help.

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Mormon-Timeline-Wall-Chart/dp/B000I6KQE6

This wonderful handy chart is just full of useful "facts" that you can display and share with your friends and family. And with it's gaudy graphics, and tacky choice in color, you will never have to worry about friends asking you to help decorate their homes ever again. (I am using that line in my review, so you can't touch it). Surely this group can come up with a bunch of other helpful product reviews for the inquisitive customer who may be on the fence about purchasing this item.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 26, 2014 11:40AM

Here is what I wrote.

"I can't thank this product enough. Before I hung it in my home, friends were always bothering me with questions about how they should decorate their home, or asking me over, just so I they could ask me to help arrange their furniture just so. For some reason, all of my friends and family just always assumed I had outstanding taste in style and decor, and it was really bothersome. Not anymore. Ever since I have wallpapered the living room with this sweet Book of Mormon time line, they have all ceased to ask me for my advise. I can finally relax without having to worry about friends calling me in the middle of the night to ask rather or not it is okay to paint their home in pastels. (It's not, but now that you know that I have this beauty hanging above my living room sofa, you are not going to pay attention to that are you.) I also enjoyed the reference to all the "facts" and have decided to get other timelines for my dining and master bedroom of Narnia,, and Middle Earth. I only gave it four stars, because some of the wallpaper paste has spread through it in parts, but that could have been because of my own over enthusiasm."

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 02:07PM

Hey FCD...so you're not dead...again...lol

Did you/the Board ever find out how that rumor got started?

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 12:21PM

coke drinker,

you make me laugh!

i left a comment; not sure if it posted

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 12:57PM

Considering how he mangled Exodus, it should be a perfect fit for him.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 01:21PM

This is my fav part of the author's description:

"Events are cited as they are commonly believed to have occurred and have not been synchronized with dates in the Book of Mormon."

Let me get this straight: you have a timeline of fictional events and you have chosen to post also some historical events, like real timelines do... Unfortunately the dates just don't jibe, so you placed them on the timeline...wherever.

How useful.

Kathleen

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 01:41PM

Well I definatly gave it five stars. See below my review.

"This poster displays all the major empires, kingdoms, and civilizations throughout a fanciful history in a side-by-side format so that the viewer can quickly see how different events in different places relate to one another. It compares favorably and belongs right up there with some of the more excellent Lord of the Rings and Narnia timelines. "

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 02:11PM

"This wonderful handy chart is just full of useful "facts" that you can display and share with your friends and family."

useful facts for friends and family...AFTER going to church EVRY Sunday...AFTER having VTs come by to TEACH...AFTER being a HT for them.....AFTER going to the temple....AFTER going to Seminary 7-12 grades....AFTER serving a mission....

If you still need this info as a TBM...that speaks volumes for your faith

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: December 26, 2014 03:20PM

I reviewed it as a whimsical map of the "Muddle Earth."

Date: December 26, 2014 03:34PM

Thank you for your contributions. I consider this as a late Christmas gift to the Mormons, since getting attention from non-Mormons is the same exact thing they want every year, no matter how often they unwrap that particular gift, only to discover it isn't as great a present as the hype had lead them to conclude it was going to be.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 27, 2014 12:10PM

Since TSCC is a rip-off of many other things, this is no exception; it's based on 'Adam's Synchronological Map or History', first published about 1870--starting with Adam and Eve, it's 25 feet long when unfolded!

Look familiar?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4pbbiezQ7E0/TVAhv-n5wrI/AAAAAAAABO4/YNm9vny9gLE/s1600/Adams+1.jpg

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.