Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 10:57AM

In a way it was a relief to see what she's actually thinking as opposed to the facade she puts on. I think it's simultaneously hilarious and sad given I'm atheist. But of course, you know what those TBMs think - satan wants you to think he and god don't exist.

So I guess maybe I do worship satan based on that definition lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 11:01AM

I worship not worshipping.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )

Oh my. Well, I guess that sums it up for her! Keep a sense of humor, people have funny ideas that sound really weird sometimes!

Maybe you can use this with a little fun and humor with her.
Ask her what she thinks worshiping satan means!

Posted by: Candescent ( )

She's been brainwashed. It's hard to 'endure'. Anyone outside of the religion is not pure and holy as they. It's a very Us vs. Them mentality.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 11:24AM

Send her my article on how to recognize Satan, according to the scriptures:

http://packham.n4m.org/satan.htm

SHE's the one that is worshipping Satan.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 11:27AM

Mormonism, and it's scriptures, practices and teachings exemplify, and act, that there is no other GOoD - before Joseph Smith came along - save itself.

BTW, this is a typical TBM thought/ assumption/ (program)/ "belief".

Oh so foolish are these wayward (bumbling their way toward [a supposed] zion, listening to the bobble-headed bum [MC], who is always follows you asking for more money) aints.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2014 03:13PM by moremany.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 11:39AM

Satan has all those really cool dark suits. Most people would be embarrassed being seen in public in the white dreck God wears. The guy has no fashion sense whatsoever.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 01:57PM

Oh Lordy...

That reminds me of when the bishop at the time said that he saw Stan. He said Stan was a good looking guy wearing a really nice suit. LMAO

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 11:44AM

Nice...sounds like my Catholic mother-in-law. A more hateful mirthless bitch I've never met. My own Mom, a convert to the church, loved me regardless of my church attendance or lack thereof...like Mom's are supposed to.

Ron Burr

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 11:58AM

it would not be difficult to demonstrate that it is she who in fact is worshiping the devil or Satan. There are plenty of threads on this forum that walk through the temple ceremony and how it is Lucifer not God who the Mormons are obeying...

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 12:42PM

Actually, it seems more like religious people worship Satan who is pretending he is the good guy God, while he gets his followers to be absolute evil pricks.

Look at how the God of the Bible wanted humans to remain like dumb animals without knowledge.Then you have all the murder, thievery, rape, incest and violence in this God's name.

Jehovah is a bloodthirsty war god if anything, and if I believed in it all I would say he was actually Satan who has done a great job lying to dupes and getting them to do evil while convincing them they are the good guys.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 12:47PM

take him out to dinner sometime.

but you will be taking him out, because he will stiff you on the tab.

He's a total dick in that regard. But otherwise pretty chill.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 05:54PM

Satan is like the Dude, eh? And if the Dude's mother said that to him, he'd reply along the lines of: "Well, that's, like, just your opinion, man." I'm down with the Dude.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 12:57PM

"At least I don't put on a green fig apron when Satan tells me to do so MOM!"

By the way there is no Satan and if so which Satan? Mormon brother of Jesus Satan, horned and clovened-foot Satan, or the Job Satan that tells God what to do?

Which one do I follow Mom? I'm listening

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 04:52PM

Exactly. Temple goers are the ones who do what Satan tells them to do. If Satan answers Adam's prayer in the temple EVEN, when he has his arm to the square in the TRUE order of prayer, how does she know Satan isn't answering her menial non-true-order prayers?

But more than that, if she hasn't walked up to EVERY covenant she made in the temple, i.e., if she hasn't avoided loud laughter, lightmindedness, evil speaking of the Lord's amointed, taking the name of the Lord in vain, and given EVERYTHING with which the lord has blessed her with--ALL her time and talents, to the building up of the kingdom of God on Earth, then she is in Satan's power. Satan clearly says so and no one contradicts him.

So as far as I can tell, almost EVERY mormon who has been through the temple is under Satan's power. Sure, there are people like my parents, who actually do live up to all those covenants. They have given EVERYTHING the lard has blessed them with to the church. However, I've heard plenty of evil speaking of the Lard's anointed (especially on the local level) coming out of their mouths.

And if mormons really lived up to their temple covenants, you wouldn't have any rich mormons. How is Mitt Romney giving everything he's been blessed with to the church? How are mormons living in multi-million dollar homes obeying that covenant? They're not. On a side note, I heard someone say one time that most of what he has is stuff he worked for, not stuff he was blessed with by the Lord, so his tithing is more than what the Lord gave him. Hey, whatever works fer ya buddy.

So anyway, throw that at her and ask her who the mormon church says is under the influence of Satan.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 04:55PM

gentlestrength Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "At least I don't put on a green fig apron when Satan tells me to do so MOM!"

I would go with that response.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 01:09PM

Supertramp, "Goodbye Stranger"

You can laugh at my behaviour,
That´ll never bother me.
Say the devil is my savior
But I don´t pay no heed.

And I will go on shining,
Shining like brand new.
I´ll never look behind me
My troubles will be few.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 01:22PM

Well, at least that idea that we atheists eat babies has faded a bit. Or has it?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 01:35PM

"Gosh Mom, I wouldn't say I worship you. I love you a lot but I wouldn't call it worship."

Posted by: incognito564 ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 01:55PM

I think I would get temporary black hair dye, a black cloak, black lipstick and an upside down star necklace (you know the classic devil symbol that is on the side of the temple.)

Then I would invite old mom to dinner. When she freaks out, I would tell her I no longer need to hide who I really am from you.

Then I would chuckle and say no really, mom, I just wanted to see if you really loved me.

There is so much more to me than whether I belong to TSCC .

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 03:58PM

Lol, love the responses so far everyone!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 04:04PM

exldsdudeinslc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol, love the responses so far everyone!

Totally! huh

"I'm just doing what I was taught mom - looking for and living in truth"

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 04:17PM

Tell her that the Mormons are wrong. Satan actually does have horns.

That should short circuit her brain.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 29, 2014 06:33PM

...but then he told me he was gay

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.