Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JT ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 02:30PM

Has anyone ever seen Boyd triple-K smile, or laugh at a joke, even a nice clean joke?

http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/61510/President-Boyd-K-Packer-Counsel-to-Youth.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 05:57PM

In the second picture (http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/61499/President-Packer-is-at-half-century-milestone-of-service.html), Packer is just having a bowel movement in his custom chair. Church volunteers are assigned to empty honey pot and clean it after each shit. Good news is they can keep any coins they find.

Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 02:40PM

His world is "enemy territory" and Lucifer is constantly tempting him to jerk off.

Although not recommended, people do make mistakes, and it's possible to become clean again through the repentance and forgiveness through the Atonement of Jesus.

So, if we take Boyd at his work, it's OK make a mistake and jerk off as long as you repent in between.

I wonder if it's OK to smile and say "Thank you, Jesus!" during your orgasm, as long as you feel guilty afterwards and sincerely repent and promise never to jerk off again.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 02:49PM

If you sing a hymn while rubbing the spirit out tends to reduce the required repentance period. Also as long as you don't over work your little factory you can pretend to be sleeping and let some rubbing slip and call it a production slip. No repentance required.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 03:14PM

Does this man ever smile?

Yes, but only if a fiery dart of Satan hits him in the rear.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 03:37PM

Perhaps the smiles stopped when he realized that liars go to hell.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 31, 2014 05:54PM

Smiling is for happy or content people. Boyd KKK Packer is not happy or content, and never will be.

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 09:08AM

Exactly. If you read some of his older talks, it's amazing how absorbed he is by his own negative emotions.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 01:12AM

He was the main speaker at an event I went to about 15 years ago. He came across as an angry mean spirited person. He never cracked a smile one time. He's in the top ten of most boring speakers i've ever listened to. I don't recall anything he said.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 01:45AM

Maybe someone told him how despised and reviled he is by the apostates and exmo's and the nicknames we've given him.

Ron Burr

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 01:55AM

What's everyone got against him? ok the "little factory" is kind of silly. Some talk given in 78? let it die people! I would rather be around someone who speaks his mind and knows what he thinks rather than most people who are too scared of offending someone and so appeases every liberal democrat?

Am I missing something here?

Date: January 01, 2015 02:06AM

... the rest of the General Authorities put together.

No way to verify that, of course, but his specialty seemed to be troweling on guilt for those who dared to commit normal human sexual behaviors.

I read Boyd's 1981 CES speech recently where he said that some things that are true are not very useful. I got the idea he is/was a bright and intelligent man. Too bad he used his cranial toolbox to make thousands of otherwise OK young people loathe themselves - many to the point of suicide.

Karmic justice could bring Boyd back as a gay mormon youth who hears Boyd's recorded Priesthood Meeting talks and then hangs himself to escape the pain.

Posted by: Third Vision ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 09:15AM

I really think that Kimball is far more responsible than Packer for most suicides by young people. He not only casts a long shadow 29 years after his death, but while alive he made it safe for insecure junior apostles like Packer to conceive an unending hostility towards rather ordinary deviations from Mormon ideals.

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 02:08AM

Let's see, what else... Racist, homophobe, killjoy.. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of other things.

Also the talk was in 76, but yes it was a long time ago, and you were close.

Date: January 01, 2015 02:42AM

Boyd K. Packer, "The Mantle is Far, Far Greater Than the Intellect," Address to the Fifth Annual CES Religious Educators' Symposium, 1981;

https://si.lds.org/bc/seminary/content/library/talks/ces-symposium-addresses/the-mantle-is-far-far-greater-than-the-intellect_eng.pdf

Posted by: Anon Dunn ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 03:19AM

“To Young Men Only” -- General Conference October 2, 1976

Posted by: Raging ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 01:58PM

Uh, yes, you are missing that he gave that "silly" talk while proclaiming that he has some special access to god (obviously knowing full well he does not) and that this is what god required. This is known as lying, not simply proclaiming his opinion.

It is a fact that more than one young mormon has killed himself because he could not stop playing with his factory and believed BKP that, as a result, he was a grievous sinner. An "unworthy" in the sight of god.

Masturbation is perfectly normal behavior as any doctor will tell you, and a least one doctor has very publicly told the leaders of TSCC specifically. Yet, they continue with this ridiculous, controlling and damaging shaming.

BKP is a POS that should be mocked, slammed and declared the evil bastard that he is. There is no statue of limitations, especially because he is still doing the same shit even with one foot in the grave.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 02:48AM

What is there to smile about? He is buried deep in the CULT. I'd never smile either.

Posted by: rogermartim ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 11:49AM

As Rose Nylund would have said, he was born without any smiling muscles. The only way he could smile would be to do a handstand.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 12:06PM

The problem with these old mormon birds is that they're kept around long after their "shelf-life" has expired. Some lose their "smiling muscles" like Packer, others like Monson (and very possibly "Jeffy" Holland) lose their brain functioning.

What a pathetic bunch of old farts! God must really have a sense of humor to want this team! Prophets of god! Give me a break!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 12:09PM

Yes, of course, he smiled!
The first time I met Boyd Packer was about 50 plus years ago. He was a much younger man then, of course; very personable, and friendly. I recall him visiting our Married Student Ward home fireside at BYU in the early 60's. This was before he was called into the Quorum of 12 I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2015 12:17PM by SusieQ#1.

Date: January 01, 2015 04:32PM

SusieQ#1,

I can understand your fond memories of Brother Packer. I grew up in Salt Lake in the 1950's when the church was much smaller. Many of us knew the much lower number of General Authorities well. One of them always was the main speaker at our quarterly stake conference and they often spoke at funerals and youth gatherings. My mother's cousin served in the Presiding Bishopric for a number of years. He made some comforting remarks at my grandmother's funeral and personally congratulated me at my BYU graduation.

My father was baptized later in life and David O. McKay sat directly behind us as his grandchild was also being baptized that same day. I personally served as ward clerk for one of the unholy fifteen when he was a bishop. LeGrand Richard's daughter lived in our mission and we often spent hours with him when he visited which was often.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get where I'm coming from. Truthfully, the only memories I used to have of GA's are pleasant ones. Honestly, I would not have had an unkind word to say about any of them.

However, as I became older and more aware of the real damage TSCC does to others, especially their hateful opposition to gay marriage, the pleasant memories of my youth have faded as I faced the truth. Pleasant people can do very harmful things to others. Victims of money schemes often state how pleasant and "very personable" (using your words) the thief really was.

Templar

Posted by: Raging ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 01:37PM

Thanks Susie, for that heart warming memory~

Date: January 01, 2015 02:44PM

I'm appalled by the number of people on the Internet that are so nasty about people they don't even know and type such hate talk. It's despicable.
There is no need for it. It's a horrible commentary on our society.

Date: January 01, 2015 03:09PM

We know they are evil liers who have done irreparable damage to many of us and taken from us our hard earned cash and some of the best years of our life all in the name of god.

They deserve much, much more punishment than our "nasty" words alone. What's truly "despicable" is them and their damn CULT!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 03:28PM

This is a recovery site. BKP has played a large part in the emotional abuse of many that are here.

If somebody wants to fart roses about BKP, this isn't the right place.

Posted by: flo, the nevermo ( )
Date: January 01, 2015 04:51PM

"This isn't the right place."

Well, I'd even say it would be *despicable* for someone to do something like that here. THAT would be appalling behavior.

Date: January 01, 2015 05:07PM

I've lived a very long time! My personal opinion of something as wonderful as the Internet has been degraded too many times by haters, liars, sick people who want to hurt other people and some even think it's funny and appropriate.

I will continue to be totally unimpressed by Internet users engaging in hate speech: vulgar name calling, personally denigrating remarks, etc. of people or a religion or anything else. It's a sick, sick commentary on the use of the Internet. I see it daily, everywhere on the Internet. So does everyone else. The number of that kind of minds running around free is downright scary, in my view. It accomplishes nothing in any kind of "recovery" to engage in any type of slander, and hate speech, etc. and has zero credibility in my book.

I delete and block all of it when possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2015 05:08PM by SusieQ#1.

Date: January 01, 2015 05:11PM

Date: January 01, 2015 05:27PM

I agree with you to a certain point. I do understand a person's need to "vent" especially when they feel they were wronged.

But like you, I draw the line with "any type of slander, and hate speech".

Recently, as you may be aware, a OP called a prominent GA an army deserter and questioned his claim to be a WWII veteran. I thought the OP wrong since there was no proof of desertion and clearly the GA had served during the time congress has legally determined to be WWII service for VA benefits.

Several other posters agreed with my protestations. Luckily, our comments taught the eye of the administrator who took down the entire thread. In this case, it was clearly the proper thing to do.

Unfortunately, it's not always clear when healthy "venting" becomes harmful "slander".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.