Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 09:42PM

News: Nephew of Ziller = Mormon Missionary called to Ukraine (srs thred) (wut do) (srs)

srs RfM ~

srs ~ ¿ wut do ? ~

background = TBM mother of ziller just forwarded nephew's MTC mailing address ~

brb ~

Elder Ziller's Nephew
Ukraine L'viv Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 North 900 East
Provo ~ Utah ~ 84602
U. S. America

brb ~ in b 4 ~ http://www.mtc.byu.edu/

in b 4 ~ bring a clean white dress shirt ~ (LOL) ~

in b 4 ~ Luke 9:3 ~

¿ wut do RfM ? ~

¿ is Ukraine even a place ? ~

¿ wtf ? ~

¿ wut do RfM ? ~

RMs ~ GTFIH ~

¿ what does some poor sum bitch just shipped into the MTC need to receive from uncle ? ~

¿ wtf is he gonna need in that there Ukraine ? ~

RMs ~ GTFIH ~

in b 4 ~ CES letter ~

in b 4 ~ in b 4 ~ ziller gets a Ukrainian war-bride ~

srs RfM ~

srs ~ ¿ wut do ? ~

halp RfM plz repsond

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 09:54PM

Yes, absolutely.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:03PM

Is it too late to talk him out of it?

In the alternative, send lots of well wishes and good thoughts because he is going to need them - every single one.

Posted by: Cpete ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:03PM

Plz send pics of new bride.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:27PM

and see if he can translate them into Russian. Challenge him to GQ and convert Vladimir Putin. Do they allow ice hockey for MTC zombies on their P day?

Seriously, stay in touch with him as you may the only one in the family still reality based.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2016 10:27PM by cricket.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:30PM

Ziller, how come this kid gets a great guy like you as an uncle? You can always give him a card with $20 in it so he can buy any little extras he may need at the MTC. Or, send him a "Care" package with some treats for him. From what I've heard, he's going to have someone me big adjustments going to the Ukraine. The Cossack's Boner.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:37PM

Looking forward to photos of Ukranian brides!

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 11:18PM

Is there a quantity discount?

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:51PM

Warm clothes.

Contact info of us embassy and all consolates.

A good pocket knife. Blade under 2 1/2 inches. Preferable swiss army type that also has a flash light.

50 euros in 5 euro notes.

Travel belt with zippered pockets.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 10:55PM

My ex-husband's cousin was called to the Ukraine. He left early when it got dangerous and they pulled all missionaries.

He said he never saw such despair as when he looked into the eyes of the Ukranian people. It was like they had absolutely no hope.

I hope your relative has an optimistic, cheery disposition. He's going to need it.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: September 12, 2016 11:10PM

Poltava. She is very anti-Russian, your nephew is going to be going to a polarized country. She doesn't like Mormons either, but I don't know if that prejudice came about there, or after she moved here. Government very corrupt, everything very expensive. Can't believe the Cult has a mission there. I can contact her if you have any specific questions, might be some turn-around time, since she and DB are in another country right now. Can he "develop" some kind of medical condition that will keep him stateside?

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 03:21AM

My first recommendation is that you learn to type out a coherent sentence, and then I'll get back to you with recommendations. I happen to know someone who served in Ukraine. He said it was not a particularly successful mission in terms of converting people. I also know someone really well who served in Russia, which I know is similar. He ended up leaving his mission a few months early cuz he couldn't handle it. And this was only a couple years after the USSR broke up. Can't even imagine.

The guy is actually my cousin. The only thing that has happened as a result of his mission as he has given all of his children these quasi Russian sounding names.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 03:58AM

So detest the Mormon Cult youth missionary gestapo program.

Sorry your nephew is part of it. For sure tell your nephew that if he should need someone to talk to about ANYTHING that you are there for him and if he should want to leave his mission, you will try to make it happen. And, tell him to keep his own passport.

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 12:35PM

there is some talk in europe is that putin is getting ready to invade ukraine and from some other accounts the talk is that germany has been moving tanks eastwards. The EU, well france & germany, has called very recently for the formation of it's own 'defensive' army, and allegedly america has nukes in poland.

From all accounts the country is polarised - older folks and traditionalists wanting to stay out of the EU since it will force accepting homosexuality and foreign religions (they are not long out the USSR), and the youngsters and reformers who want to become part of the EU so the country gets handouts from EU central bank to 'update' the country to EU standards.

It is very likely that no-one will trust americans there. No-one at all. The previous unrest was a proxy war between the west and russia and it split the country between traditionalists and modernists and ended up with crimea being annexed back to russia after the ousting of the pro-russia ukranian government for a pro-EU one instead. Putin is allegedly good friends with turkish premier erdogan now - just over the past couple of months - and he has apparently turned on the west.

The eastern orthodox religion is by all accounts cherished now since it was restricted during communist times and if you are not orthodox, you are unbelieving and quite probably pro-globalisation.

There have been numerous opinion pieces written in the media in the UK over the past 3 years on how conditions in europe are similar to those in 1914 - almost as if the public are being prepped for a war.

Why is the church sending missionaries back there and are there any plans in place to get your nephew out of the country quickly should there be any more trouble arising? The far right is on the rise in mainland europe once more, just as it was 100 years ago. This could, in all likelihood, lead to trouble for foreigners, especially those trying to 'import' a foreign (american) religion.

Perhaps Tom in Paris has formed a different opinion from french media? His input would probably be enlightening.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 12:46PM

Lviv is in the far west. Never went there, but I hear it's very Ukrainian (i.e. non-Russian).

In the east, although all the street signs and other legal stuff is in Ukranian, the language and general culture is all-Russian. Only the highway signs and currency you use is Ukranian.

And yet the U.S. and it's allies want to jam Ukranian loyalty and culture down the throats of the people who live there.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 01:04PM

sending you much sympathy! send him pizza delivery to the MTC (I think you can do that, right?)

Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 01:17PM

This blog has the experiences of a sister missionary from August 2013 to February 2014.

The missionaries today likely will not find Ukraine the same as she did.

You can start here:

http://www.wordsonmyhand.com/2013/08/week-1-mormon-nuns.html

Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 01:19PM

Correction:

August 2013 to February 2015. (That would make it 18 months.)

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 01:17PM

He's going to need a sense of humor, I don't know how you'd give that to someone who doesn't already have it though.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 02:26PM

This is serious time...

[...and it comes well fortified with my experiences in both South Africa (where I was VERY close to being murdered TWICE), and from Colombia (my initial experience in this kind of international danger) ]

Your nephew needs to pull up:

https://ukraine.usembassy.gov/ta-061716.html (Ukraine Travel Warning: June 17, 2016) and read every word of it, taking the appropriate notes and putting them in several different places (wallet, suitcase, Book of Mormon, etc., etc.), so if they are needed, they can be accessed immediately.

He needs to keep his passport with him if at all possible, and (if this is at all possible) take it into the consular section of the US Embassy, just as soon as he arrives in Ukraine, to register it. The consular employee will examine it for authenticity, and then make an official record of it, which says that your nephew is indeed a US national, and indeed does carry a US passport, and that the passport he carries is genuine. This means: if his passport is "lost" (which could mean: in the Mission President's desk or office safe), your nephew can go back to the consular section and he will be given an immediate replacement passport. (Otherwise, without passport registration, getting a new US passport could take weeks.) This will also register his address and phone number in Ukraine (and this information needs to be updated as necessary, because the situation re: Russia will undoubtedly be fraught for as long as your nephew is on his mission).

He needs to print-off the Contact Information page ( https://ukraine.usembassy.gov/contact-information.html ) and keep copies of this page in the same places as the page above, where at least one copy is instantly accessible if needed.

(And any missionaries serving with him should be doing the above as well.)

Most of all, he needs to "Get Wise" (as South Africans say) ASAP, because depending on what happens in the larger context, his life and safety, and the lives and safety of those he is serving with, could depend on it.

When I blundered into the two situations in which I was in very imminent danger of being murdered, I thought I was being wise and safe (in one case, I just got lost because there was not an on-ramp to the freeway where I had reason to think there was, and I was trying to work my way back TO the freeway, by using the up-to-date street map of Pretoria and the surrounding area that I had in my lap---only it turned out, that map didn't show NEARLY enough information to keep me from blundering into a place I most definitely should not EVER have been in---my deep and sincere thanks to the sangoma ("witch doctor") who made the decision that allowed me to be typing these words today).

Your nephew needs to be as prepared for the "real world" as he can possibly be---and he is going to an area which is in continuing danger of being invaded by Russia.

Have him get the necessary info, and do what is necessary, to potentially allow him, and those he serves with, to be safe and secure (even if the place they will be serving in is not either of these things).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 02:30PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 02:53PM

At least he won't be court martialed for going A-wall, Ziller.

Is there anyway you can intercept his going on mission at this late stage? Kidnapping him is illegal. But running away isn't.

https://youtu.be/5upqYOuH0jQ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 05:00PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: randyj ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 09:53PM

"Your nephew needs to be as prepared for the "real world" as he can possibly be---and he is going to an area which is in continuing danger of being invaded by Russia."

The craziest part of this is that the LDS church even sends American missionaries into such dangerous areas to begin with. Is knocking on Ukrainians' doors and bothering them with a nutty American religion that they don't even want really worth a kid's health and life?

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 10:59PM

wow ~ thanks guise ~

this is why ziller RfM's ~

u guise = the G.O.A.T ~ (srs)

IN on 5 star thred ~

special thx:

cricket = "stay in touch with him"

BYU Boner = "send him a "Care" package with some treats for him"

Heartless knows waht's up with that there knife and 5 euro notes and stuff

presleynfactsrock = "tell your nephew that if he should need someone to talk to about ANYTHING that you are there for him and if he should want to leave his mission, you will try to make it happen. And, tell him to keep his own passport."

whatever anonuk wrote is dang scareful yo (srs) ~

liesarenotuseful "pizza delivery to the MTC"

an Tevai's reply should prolly be made a sticky for everyone with loved ones going on foreign missions (srs) ~

thx again RfM ~

Posted by: dp ( )
Date: September 15, 2016 02:45AM

Topping for the suggestion to sticky Tevai's reply. Admins?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 15, 2016 03:41AM

I know someone who was a missionary there when the violence hit, and there were times when he and his companion couldn't leave the apartment at all. Other times, they couldn't wear their uniform or even name tags.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.