Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 12:24PM

So I wonder what the politburo is injecting/feeding Tommy to get his ancient carcass ready for GC? Is there a Vegas betting line on him showing up? There should be!

RB

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 05:56PM

The odds are better Tommy showing up than Bugsy Siegel rising from the ashes. ;))

Now for the wager! :))

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 05:58PM

Apparently he showed up in the waxed flesh for the little ladies conference session...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 06:00PM

They can get him out of the freezer and thaw him shortly before showtime. That should hold back the necrotizing of the flesh.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 06:01PM

TSM@GC = "Weekend At Bernie's?"

Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 06:04PM

LDS security is probably dusting him now in preparation.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 06:13PM

Tomy doesn't look so good here:

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/university-of-utah-names-historic-building-after-president-monson

Scroll through the pictures, the second one looks like he is about done.

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/faith/4275085-155/mormon-leader-thomas-s-monson-attends

edited to repair broken link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2016 11:20PM by sunbeep.

Date: September 26, 2016 08:09PM

sunbeep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tomy doesn't look so good here:
>
> http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/university-o
> f-utah-names-historic-building-after-president-mon
> son
>
> Scroll through the pictures, the second one looks
> like he is about done.

However, Dieter has a nice tan.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 09:13PM

where I'm from, it's not kosher to name landmarks or other items after living people...

In some cases, Bad News about the individual comes to the surface After they're dead (probably nothing like that for TSM).

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 12:04PM

Any thoughts on what they are really looking at in that second picture?

I was thinking Tommy tucked in a page out of his coloring book.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 08:00PM

I think they should sustain Vin Scully as the Prophet, Seer, and Announcer. GC would be awesome.

"And it's a high fly ball right over Holland's head! That seer stone is outta here!!"

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 09:25PM

I can't believe he's , what, 87 and still doing games. His mind is still good ( Scully, not Monson).He doesn't forget anything, he never leaves blank pauses either when he's talking, comes up with interesting statistics and facts on everybody who comes up to bat. He still remembers past classic moments too in baseball
I think he's finally retiring this year.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 04:23PM

Vin Scully is retiring, his final game is this Sunday, which is a bigger deal in my opinion than what is going on in Utah that day. He just did his last Dodger home game over the weekend.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 11:12PM

They certainly need to upgrade his battery pack.

Last time he spoke in conference it almost totally ran out of power before they dragged him off the podium.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 11:25PM

Typical drivel for a talk but by the end he is quickly running out of steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9_1KfCg5I

It's almost painful to watch him struggle. The video cuts quickly away, but you can see two men rushing up to help him.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: September 26, 2016 11:36PM

Good question, Elder Reprobate.

I happen to think he'll show--he's penciled in for two talks, right? But I think they'll be brief, low-keyed, and as threatening as warm milk.

At this point he's venerated by the faithful for his ability to breathe. He doesn't have to appear peppy. He's perfectly capable of being symbolic while being animatronic. He doesn't have to wiggle any ears, sign any checks, sign any ears, or wiggle any checks. He is loved as is. At this point he could be a bear rug spread-eagled before the fire, and the rank-and-file would be totally fine with it.

Posted by: Shinehahbeam ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 03:22PM

I agree. He spoke twice in April. Both talks were 4 minutes long. The talks of the other "apostles" were all 15-20 minutes. It's sad that they're parading him out there to reassure the brainwashed masses when he can't even stand up for 4 minutes. Let the guy die in peace!

I just read his very short talks from April. The first, read at a normal pace, took 1 minute and 5 seconds. It included this bullshit story:

"During World War II, a friend of mine was serving in the South Pacific when his plane was shot down over the ocean. He and the other crew members successfully parachuted from the burning plane, inflated their life rafts, and clung to those rafts for three days.

On the third day they spotted what they knew to be a rescue vessel. It passed them by. The next morning it passed them by again. They began to despair as they realized that this was the last day the rescue vessel would be in the area.

Then the Holy Spirit spoke to my friend: “You have the priesthood. Command the rescuers to pick you up.”

He did as prompted: “In the name of Jesus Christ and by the power of the priesthood, turn about and pick us up.”

Within a few minutes the vessel was beside them, helping them on deck. A faithful and worthy bearer of the priesthood, in his extremity, had exercised that priesthood, blessing his life and the lives of others."

The second talk took a minute and 10 seconds. I tried to not rush through...just read at a quick speaking pace. The talks are very short. I guess God just ran out of stuff to say.

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 11:40AM

Maybe those creepy fangle-toothed angel thingies will save his ass again.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: September 27, 2016 12:05PM

Capped teeth or dentures? Probably capped. They look like John Lackey's teeth from the Cubs. If you google his name, there's all kinds of before and after pictures of his teeth. I didn't know men were that vain. Hockey players get them, but they need them .
Well, a lot of them have dentures too. When they retire and have no more threats of them being knocked out, they go from dentures to capped teeth. They get implants also

Date: September 27, 2016 04:43PM

My guess is a pre recorded video address by Monson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.