Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 11:32AM

Seemed like they were bitter after the loss

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12109721

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 11:37AM

A FSU alumni friend was not very happy about that. But then he was given to understand that the FSU players were requested to leave the field immediately so that the trophy could be presented.

Posted by: outsider ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:19PM

That's not what it looked like. Sounds like an apologist.

Date: January 02, 2015 01:35PM

I don't think so. He was really upset with the team at first, stating that he thought it was poor sportsmanship.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:20PM

They probably did need to set up for the presentation of the trophy. It might have had something to do with everyone chanting "No means no!" too. It was also one of the biggest blowouts and embarrassing performances in recent memory. Memes and videos of the FSU turnovers were popping up all over before the game was even over.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:25PM

Meh... it happens. I've been to a lot of college football games, and sometimes it's just wiser to walk off the field. All it takes is a couple people.. then everybody needs to defend their teammates... then... Sound familiar?

Not agreeing with Herbie on this one.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:50PM

+1

The announcers were bagging on FSU, but I didn't think much of it after the beatdown they suffered. And I'm definitely no fan of FSU.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:32PM

aren't they supposed to leave the field after the game is over ?
Am I missing something ?

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:37PM

Typically, as a show of good sportsmanship, players shake hands with the opposing team on the field after the game was over. A few of the FSU players did "shake hands", but a majority did not.

HOWEVER, I will contrast this minor infraction of sportsmanship to the Memphis Meadows Massacre just about a week ago, when BYU not only did not shake hands but also instigated a major fight(s) with the other players. BYU makes FSU look like chior boys.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 01:45PM

I lived in Tallahassee. Im glad they got blown out, the coach is too soft and affable for these types of recruits (florida kids), if you don't discipline them they turn into, well... miami, florida and florida state.

Thr problem with fisher's inability to put a lid on winston's behavior and example made a permisive and lazy atitude ("swagger") to spring up after the championship last year. It finally bubbled over to after the game when the FSU players showed that they dont give a s@$#t.

They sohuld have won last night, I konw they got blown out, but if you follow college football you'd konw this was the same team that steam rolled evetyone last year and who had much better recruting that Oregon did, the mistakes that cost them the game were out of lack of disciple not shortness of talent or opportunity.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 02:00PM

They shoulda won? They were 7 point underdogs at kick-off, which I thought was generous. This year's FSU team was nothing like last year's, for all of the reasons you state, and their play this year shows what happens when a team relies solely on "talent" and lacks leadership. I imagine if you and I were sitting down over beers discussing this, we'd be largely in agreement, but man did Oregon beat the ever-lovin' hell out of those guys. I love seeing the SE region of the country (SEC especially) get worked this year.

Date: January 02, 2015 02:10PM

I mean on paper. Clearly they were blown out. But my point is that is the coach's fault, the team was good enough, he wasn't. This happened with bowden in his last few years, he got too soft and the team kept under achiving. Jimbo has carried on the attitude.

Posted by: moronistrombone ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 02:25PM

LOL!

Jimbo won a natty last season. Is that carrying on what Bowden was doing in his last few years? Jimbo had to rebuild that program from the shambles Bowden left it in and he has done an incredible job. A national title, 3 conference titles in a row, a Heisman and 29 straight wins. He is also recruiting up a storm with the 2015 class potentially being FSU's best of all time.

If that is underachieving, sign me right up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 02:28PM by moronistrombone.

Date: January 02, 2015 02:34PM

You dont know the culture in Tally.

They expect a "natty", every year. Sure jimbo won last year, but this year it looked like he was losing the reigns with Winston, who went from jesus to rick james in 12 months.

The team was not "in shambles". Jimbo was there for years, recuting and building knowing he was going to take over.

The FACT is that they not only lost, but got embarassed, so they were not "that" good I guess. I would not "sign up" to be nationally embarrased by the PAC-12 or to have to explain why my QB rapes and steals...but to each his own.

Date: January 02, 2015 02:52PM

I'm from Tallahassee, so hopefully I know the culture there. I've been a booster for 25 years. The program was indeed in shambles. Losing to Wake Forest 30-0 at home is not in shambles? Recruiting had dropped off, the talent wasn't there to compete at a high level. Jimbo's hands were tied when it comes to recruiting. Every other program was using negative tactics against Bowden and it was working.

We do not expect a natty every year. You are thinking of Gainesville. The game last night was 25-20 in the 3rd quarter and then fumbles killed FSU and Oregon pounced.

Also, saying the QB rapes when the evidence shows no proof of that whatsoever makes you sound like a moron.

Date: January 02, 2015 03:03PM

right, no evidence and this kid is an angel. I guess he also forgot to pay for the crab legs.my mistake. please make up your mind they are great or in shambles. Bowden had top recruting classes at the end.

Date: January 02, 2015 03:08PM

No, he didn't. What are you talking about? Urban Meyer was taking all of the top in state talent. Even players that grew up as Nole fans were going to UF, like Percy Harvin.

Make up my mind? Again, what are you talking about? In Bowden's last years, the program was in shambles. This is why he was forced out. Jimbo has brought the program back and has it moving in a great direction. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know enough to bother commenting.

The accuser changed her story seven different times. Please actually study the case before commenting since you obviously have not.

It is clear, though you may have lived in Tally, you don't know much about the program.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 02:36PM

Considering some of the wins they barely squeaked out this year, they probably shouldn't have even been in the playoff. They had 6 or 7 games, a few against unranked teams, that they easily could have lost this year. Pulling out tough wins is the sign of a good team, but they had no chance of coming back against a top team. They have great athletes, but I agree, it was a lack of discipline that did them in...they just didn't protect the ball. It looked like they were rattled and gave up after the first couple turnovers.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 05:46PM

They should have lost to Notre Dame if they refs didn't call the bullcrap call. I've become anti FSU all year because of Winston.

Date: January 02, 2015 08:26PM

The ref made the correct call whether you liked it or not. It was obvious. People complaining about it are just mad FSU won or don't know football.

48ter...Gate fan? LOL

Date: January 02, 2015 09:46PM

No. Actually I'm a Notre Dame fan. So I might be a little biased about the call sucking.

Date: January 02, 2015 10:13PM

Is the 48 in your name a Mormon thing? I guess my mind was in football mode. The gators went 4-8 last season so we started calling them four and eighters.

I have a ton respect for ND. Had the honor of attending the Michigan game in South Bend a few years ago. Awesome experience.

Date: January 02, 2015 10:31PM

It came from playing fantasy football. My cousin named himself the 48ers after Jimmie Johnson's car. So I named my team the 48er Haters. I've liked it as a name for myself. I was hoping to see them play at BYU since I live in Utah. But I haven't heard anything about them coming here after BYU played there a couple years ago.

Posted by: scmormon ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 09:33AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 09:38AM by scmormon.

Posted by: Mr. Happy ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 02:15PM

Walked off the field AFTER the loss to Oregon?? Watching the game, it appeared they walked off during the 4th quarter.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 05:39PM

Date: January 03, 2015 11:04AM

FSU player Anthony Valdez is reporting via Twitter that some of the FSU players had their cars keyed and tires slashed by angry fans after losing the game. Nice.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/fsu-players-cars-vandalized-after-loss/ar-BBhtbNt

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.