Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nevermo1 ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 07:04PM

Well,well,well...

Some time ago I posted on here about a missionary's blog that I read up on.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1454229,1455075#msg-1455075

After this some of you commented on his blog so well done to you!! But since then you can no longer comment on his blog and his post is almost unrecognisable!!

I remember some of you calling him out on the 'masonry lies' and why the church was doing so badly as it is fraudulent.Unfortunately I did not save his original post.

Scroll down to 'Week 70',that was the week I cited.
http://elderaverybenesch.blogspot.ie/

Anyway,the last time I posted I remarked on how elder Avery Benesch said that ' this place has been absolutely hammered by our church' but to little or no avail.

He also stated that "Truth is though with people here, even if we thoroughly explained the answers to the lame anti stuff they try to throw at us about Joseph Smith's treasure hunting and masonry stuff or whatever it is, it wouldn't help them because they aren't really looking for answers, they're just looking for excuses!!"

Well!!!As you will now see most of these items have been reviewed and removed and he or whoever edits his blog has now gone on a major proselytising rant !

The title of his post now reads 'Powerhouse stake conference with Elder Liemar'.

He really praises this elder Liemar guy, though originally he hardly mentioned him.

Interestingly if you read on after he quotes the inactivity rates he has now added that 'For the most part they were found by missionaries, taught and baptized, never really got to know any members, and then fell away after the missionaries left. It's just so crazy how much that happens here!!! Just like back home, members have to do their part to fellowship new converts. Member missionary work is the only way anything is going to actually move forward here.'

It's like he's justifying it all to us.

After this He also now adds John 21:'We read from John 21: verses 3 and 6 and talked about when we do the work on our own we went be led to find people to teach, but when we listen to the voice of the lord to guide us as we find, then we wont' even be able to handle the amount of investigators we find!'.

Also remember how he originally stated that people were getting confused with the masonry connection.Well would you look at this!! 'The star of David is made up of 2 triangles, and in our church we actually use the star of David on some of our buildings. It's on the assembly hall in temple square and on a few temples as well'.

What is going on here??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 07:05PM by nevermo1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dinah ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 07:33PM

Nice going!

In my area, the missionaries themselves aren't posting on their blogs - the parents are posting their letters for them.

That means parents (who have more time on their hands, obviously) can be checking up on site traffic and edit those posts to their hearts' delight.

Again, well done! I like when the pot gets stirred!

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 09:18PM

The parents can also check if their missionary's blog is linked here. Then close it off to the curious public. Make it private and invite only.

Posted by: Clementine ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 08:15PM

I read a missionary's blog in Paris. He was totally peeved that no WHITE people were interested in their message. My first thought was how could his mother allow that to get through, unless she is as clueless as he is. Monkey see, monkey do, I guess.

I tell ya, those blogs are a treasure trove of Mormonosity at its finest. Never a dull moment. So, I will be sad if the church shuts those down.

Posted by: jdawg333 ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 10:30AM

In my mission, the only people who listened to the missionaries were lonely senior citizens and African students. We were specifically told to stop focusing on these groups since they would have no effect on the future generations of thst country (the students would soon go back home and the seniors' children were already set in their ways and not likely to show interest in their oarent's new religion).

Posted by: Nevermo1. ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 05:54AM

Unbelievable!It is so cultish. I think this guy used to write his blog himself going by the lingo used like 'Whattup'.

Interestingly whoever edited it left the 'whattup' to make it still seem like him!!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 08:54AM

I can just imagine a missionary mom frazzling herself over every entry and re-writing it to sound "inspired", gotta keep up with the neighbors y'know!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 10:53AM

Some of the "apologists" (that odd-group of LDS men who are on a mission to support the LDS Church at nearly any cost and any method) used to have several members of a couple of web sites that read our posts, posted themselves from time to time and in my case, lifted a whole email exchange and put it on their SHIELDS web site. Oh, and they made threats to me also. Nice guys -- NOT!

I don't know if they still do those kinds of things. It's really very disturbing that they have to use a private conversation to shore up their position.

The LDS folks I knew personally, for the most part, for over 40 years (and still know) have been decent folks - and friends, on some level. If they did anything sneaky I didn't find out about it.

There are many LDS who live by a code of ethics that is shamefully lacking in anything other that supporting their position while "Lying for the Lord" in an effort to live their imaginary "higher law," nonsense. Totally out of reality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 10:53AM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: ain't got no name yet ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 12:17PM

"Liemar" is so much like "lemming." (Or "lemur.")

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 12:47PM

Do not focus on the Africans or the elderly is an interesting point.

First of all it is going to be the main demographic of LDS Inc in the very near future.

Secondly, although they state that these groups will not affect future generations, reading between the lines one may assume they are being instructed to look for more affluent people.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 05, 2015 11:21AM

They are looking for more affluent people and practically say that out loud. The actual correct phrases are "golden contact" and "golden family." They do not want poor people or single people, and especially they do not want single poor people. They want a family from the suburbs. I wonder which mission played host the the last whole family baptized into the church, and how far back that was. I would be willing to bet money that whole families no longer join the church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.