Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: behindcurtain ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 10:31PM

If you are not a convert to Mormonism or an adopted child, you have inherited "Mormon Genetics" from your ancestors. What are "Mormon Genetics?"

The first Mormons had the following genetic qualities:

1.They could not make it in the real world. People want to feel valued in society, to feel important. When they don't get this feeling of importance in normal society, they try to find it somewhere else. Mormonism teaches that you are very, very special. It teaches that you are better than most people. Social rejects became Mormons, while normal people did not.

2. They were not totally incapacitated. They were strong enough and resilient enough to do impressive things. For example, they crossed the plains, endured persecution, and raised big families.
Together they built an impressive civilization that prospers even today. It was a crazy civilization because the people who built it were missing a few normal genetic qualities, but it was impressive nevertheless.

I have been informed that my great grandmother was not a "normal" person. That may be one reason she joined the Church. I have also been informed that when my father was growing up, his father was mean to him, accusing him of not being normal. Maybe my father was indeed not normal, due to the Mormon genetics he inherited from his grandmother, and other Mormon ancestors.

What about me? I am not normal in some ways, but I am very strong and resilient in other ways. Since I no longer believe in Mormonism, I have been looking for value and importance in other ways. It has been hard for me to find value and importance in normal society, so I have been looking for and have found value and importance in unusual ways. Some people might call me eccentric.

It is extra hard for people who leave Mormonism to recapture the importance they felt in the Church. If Mormons could simply leave and go to New York or Los Angeles to get rich, they could forget about Mormonism. But it's not so easy to do that, due to Mormon genetics.

Some Mormons have a greater percentage of Mormon genetics than others. The higher percentage of Mormon genetics a Mormon has, the harder it will be for him to leave the Church and find a meaningful life. If a Mormon marries a Gentile, his/her offspring will have diluted Mormon genetics, and these kids will have a better chance of leading a normal life. But not always. Mormons often marry Gentiles who are crazy in their own right, and these crazy Gentile Genetics combine with Mormon Genetics to create a new generation of Mormon kids who are crazy in their own unique way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: January 02, 2015 10:45PM

Interesting take on the subject. I doubt we'd ever see a study that proves it, though.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 06:15AM

It's possible there could be certain genes common in mormons, since a lot of them are related, especially the ones who have ancestors who were mormons in Joseph Smith's time.

But honestly, I'm not an expert and I'm not aware of there being any data, so I won't look into things.

Also, I was born in the church, but neither of my parents were, so they (and by extension I) won't have "mormon" genes.

Another thing to point out is that the church at the beginning was VERY different to the church today. I actually don't think Joseph Smith or Brigham Young would be members of today's church, and most members of today's church probably wouldn't have joined the early church. Joseph Smith spent his life smoking, having promiscuous sex, drinking alcohol, etc. He's not like the mormons we know today, and I think most of the early mormons probably weren't either.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: January 03, 2015 10:07AM

My grandfather was BIC and he was born before World War One. His Step Mother was very cruel to him. She would throw salt in his eyes for doing things a 5 year old does.

I think LDS Inc does attract weirdos.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.