Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Already Gone ( )
Date: January 05, 2015 01:09PM

Sealings seem to only work in the best circumstance. Couple gets married, has kids, and lives happily ever after is the only narrative that works.

Like if a woman is widowed twice and has children with both husbands. If she was married approximately the same amount of time you can't say, well, she'll need to be sealed to husband one because she lived with him so long or he is the man she had kids with. You can't say it wouldn't be heaven without your family but then say the husband she isn't sealed to is just gonna be okay with losing her and their kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: January 05, 2015 01:26PM

No worries, it will all be taken care of in the hereafter.

Posted by: Elder OldDog ( )
Date: January 05, 2015 01:59PM

I wonder if there will be an appellate system in place so that a "losing side" can try to toss out an unpopular decision? And never forget, you've got two grandfather ghawds and I'm sure they love you! We can always go running to them, not to mention, Elohim's mom! ... To whom he is well sealed!

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 12:31PM

But her kids will want to be with their children. I guess celestial kingdom is a big family reunion every day? Then why are sealings necessary if we're all going to be "together" anyway? I had an institute teacher tell us that it connects (or seals us) to God. I just don't think it's necessary in any case. Just more emotional manipulation.

Posted by: Me2Me2 ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 12:50PM

I remember a Sunday School lesson where the teacher explained that it's ok if you hate your wife now, because God will take care of it after this life for the eternities; so it doesn't matter who you marry.

It actually caused quite a few uncomfortable people to start muttering things among themselves. The local temple president was attending and eventually stood up to offer some "course corrections." His authority won out, though I don't remember him actually disagreeing. Go figure.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 12:55PM

A GA (Bateman) told me the same thing. He said that the only important thing is that you've had the ordinance done.

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 01:44PM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A GA (Bateman) told me the same thing. He said
> that the only important thing is that you've had
> the ordinance done.

Yes, I think the mormons should further streamline the temple sealing process. They could just assign each mormon a mate on their 18th birthday, have them show up at the closest temple on the appointed date and time for new and everlasting covenant ordinances(say the second Thursday of every month at one pm), and do a once a month mass sealing, Moonie-style. Much more efficient way to run the business.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 12:51PM

It's all symbolic and metaphorical. No evidence of an after life per Mormonism's claims, except someone's imagination

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 01:36PM

"Celestial Kingdom (Level 3) District Probate Court, Hon. Judge Elohim, Presiding Judge"

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 06, 2015 01:41PM

I was sealed to my parents after Mom converted in 1959. There was never a mention of us being sealed after that. And when I married a Catholic and never blessed our babies, Dad and Mom never drug out the "if you're not getting married in the temple and getting your children sealed to you" guilt trip deal I read about on this site.

Ron Burr

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.