Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 12:28PM

A regular was there walking, too.

Her t-shirt was hiked up in the back. Her mormon religion was showing.

Out of the 20 or so other walkers, NO one told her about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 12:31PM

I would think a tactful, "Uh, dearie, your magic underwear are showing" would have been in order...? :)

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 01:47PM

well, I thought of that, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 07:03PM

She had a big tattoo of Joseph Smith on her back?

:-)

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 08:48PM

IN for links to pics ~

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 09:29PM

Pig Latin works, too:

"Psst...ix-nay on the arments-gay!"

Or, "I thought the mark for 'be fruitful and multiply' was on the front?"

Or, finally, "So THAT's what the two-piece garment bottoms look like. I bailed on the cult when all they had were one-piece versions. Not much of an improvement, huh?"

:)

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 09:43PM

Where was this? In Utah, mainly South SL County & Utah County- it's a badge of honor to have those sacred garmies exposed to show your righteousness. These women wear 3-4 layers of clothing in the summer & still find a way to expose their jesus jammies.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 09:53PM

Preoccupied no doubt.

Too bad someone didn't give her a thumbs up.

I would've probably said something in passing, but that's just me.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: October 17, 2016 10:39PM

Deliberately, pulled down past my waist over eddie bauer joggers
With a t shirt over it... I got 3 sizes of the dark brown factory seconds @ a dollar 99 each and what I really like is the way the largest stretch longest and the darker color, not the garment white defines my -- and hips. I really messed that up wearing garments half way through college. That poor garment wearees` white midline stripe was missing the opportunity to pull sleek or fuzzy assorted flattering colours across all her layers voluptuous or sleek.

Plus, she can`t ever coordinate her panties with anything but the whites of her eyes. That reminds me predators id prey because when you`re afraid all they see is the whites of your eyes because your eyes are so wide... so coordinating with the whites of your eyes defies survival. (That`s why my mom always told me "____ don`t let them see you're scared, it just eggs them on.")

And the garments are one more abuse reinactment because in central cali wearing them publically, you're setting yourself up for ridicule...which enhances hypervigilance, and experiencing public hazing,or ridicule, or worry wariness once you experienced it, & each time you return on the scene or situation still wearing garments beCause joseph's-mormon-gawd ordered it.

Wearing garments Just like in abuse, you are trapped, an joseph's-mormon-gawd traps such as:" cover your skin or sinful," so shame resonates, such as is anchored in lds temple annointing cerapemony(spelling problem oops.) Such a surprize to have them by surprize insist one be naked and have others touch one, could definitely shock - splinter a new stylin self via oil naked annointing,or shock stun emotion-disjointing they call a temple annointing, to each new inniate by ceremony. I think this anchors shame via ceremony triggering shock so shame is anchored to your skin ( which you need as a human) and is linked to the garment physically via this innitiation. Which for some facilitates a change of identity a grafting of personality via the naked stranger touch annointing ceremony /

& You see josephs mormin gawds unpredictabilty unkindness terror provoking you know joseph`s-mormon-gawd's mean, look what he did at the surprize get naked be touched or don't get married today temple ceremony! And to lots wife, to emma, and to Laban murdered for the stupid book come on creator if the universe would have a xerox -so he was just being mean. Obviously, why else would he make me or anyone wear garments? In hindsight its clear that This gawd`s not safe, and his underware is not safe. Joseph`s-mormon-gawd of this world does mean s### so that makes sense..just like joseph`s-mormon-gawwd allowing abuse or neglect/ total trigger.

So garment shame resonates like a harp reveberates when a note struck harmonics sing it resonateswith inner shame and self blame. A separate shame, a situation with blame trapped in a past memory like a whisper of wind it rides across your skin an involuntary shudder as the garment clings to your skin again. Oh, I am so glad for my spaghetti strap dark brown camis now!

So warriness once ridiculed wraring garments, which enhances use of involntary defense mechanisms. So a catch 22 is garments making you more unsafe yetgarments are supposed to make you safer. Mind ####

If you see her again at your gym, don't tell her something is making her ugly, limiting her choices to coordinate with the iris, not the whites of her eyes.......hey, Did I tell you about the time I ordered the weight machines that coordinated with my eyes? This garment powerless ness makes us over react I think, um looking back. Yeah.

I would never say one thing to a california mormon whose garments were showin', never accentuate that, activate or participate albeit indirectly in triggering a temple-imposed self back to the front of somebody else. She was at the gym. Her identity was at the track, pointing out what was showing on her back just slaps or slips or switches that temple imposed identity fragment right back up front again. I dont believe in mormonism, I wouldn't do that to somebody Even if the clothes on their back look ugly.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 09:07AM by paintinginthewin.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 18, 2016 12:18AM

I certainly could tell if my garments were showing. It seems to be a symbol for them now. I see a lot of them showing in Disneyland. My nonmo friend said when she'd walk at the track at Weber High School, there was a guy who ran with shorts that were too short and his garments hung out. He obviously knew what he was doing.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 18, 2016 11:44AM

she was showing off

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.