Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 07:23AM

I am not a vet, so my knowledge on this is limited at best-yet...

It is my understanding that active American armed forces get 30 days vacation time annually, including 10 days before stateside assignment and 15 days before overseas assignment.

This differs substantially from missionary vacation time, which, at my understanding consists of a 10 minute phone call(undoubtedly a collect call) on Mother's Day and Christmas.

One must wonder if the missionaries were able to come ho,e for a month,annually, during their service, would ANY of them ever return?

I would suggest not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 10:24AM

And

You get paid for any leave you don't take up to 60 days when you muster out.

Imagine getting back two months of expenses at the ebd of your mission.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 06, 2016 05:41PM

You never get any vacation while on your mission. The best phone calls were with friends from home while they were also on their missions at the same time I was on my mission. One of them was copying random names of supposed investigators out of the public phone book, in to their reports to the mission president as a means of staying out of trouble. One of them got in to trouble after getting a sunburn on his face in the shape of ski goggles. Lots of laughs with close friends who were living under some different, some similar restrictive rules I was living under.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.