Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 11:50AM

MANILA, Philippines (AP) -- When Pope Francis visits the Philippines next week, traffic enforcers won't let the capital's streets get gridlocked if they have to answer the call of nature.

About 2,000 traffic enforcers who will be on duty during the Jan. 15-19 papal visit will be required to wear adult diapers, said Metropolitan Manila Development Authority chairman Francis Tolentino.

Tolentino also encouraged people who will wait for hours to see the pope to also wear diapers.

(Did you ever wear diapers while waiting for Gorden B. Or Monson?)

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/07/manila-traffic-enforcers-to-wear-diapers-during-popes-visit/21126158/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D594545

Pay Lay Alol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 11:57AM by Jerry the Aspousetate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 12:11PM

Did I ever wear a Depends, while waiting to see one of the LD$, Inc. annointed?

No.

But I sure needed to wear one, after I finally wised up and left TSCC -- then went back and figured out how much tithing tax I'd paid the corporation over my 50+ years of activity !

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 12:23PM

Hey, if Monson wears diapers, you should, too.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 06:36PM

Well, that's disturbing. No sleep tonight.

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: January 07, 2015 01:29PM

This might be partially a cultural thing. I've heard that people in Japan (for example) see diapers as a convenience and will use them voluntarily when getting to a restroom will be difficult.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/adult-diapers-surprising-trend-among-japanese-women-172721799.html

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 03:42PM

Wow, I doubt it's "a cultural thing". I was born and raised in the Philippines, and this is the first time I heard...We were also stationed in Japan for 4 years from 2001-2005, and I never hear about wearing diapers!!!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 02:18PM

I couldn't imagine trying to perform my day job while feeling cold wet poo on my butt cheeks. Change me please!

Posted by: ok ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 03:47PM

There's got to be a better way!!!

Maybe one of those 5 million people that attended Pope John Paul's visit in 1995 can tell us what they did when they had to use the bathroom!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 03:33PM

If it's that important they just need to hold it all day. That's the way important things have been done for centuries before their were bathrooms. I remember being a missionary when the GA's would come. One came and spoke for 8 hours straight. What he had to say was that important, apparently. We held it, sat in silence, and didn't move all that time.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 03:56PM

What in heavens name could one of those Bozos ramble on about, for eight hours straight?

Did you at least get a lunch break?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: January 09, 2015 07:48PM

I wouldn't be surprised if our Secret Service details while protecting the president, do the same.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.