Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brianberkeley ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 09:11PM

"I want to eat sugar, I don't want to become sugar."
Ramprasad, quoted from Heinrich Zimmer, Philosophies of India

Ramprasad was an 18th century poet and mystic who was a follower of the left hand path, the way of Tantra.

Tantra seeks awakening not through self-abnegation, but by embracing everything the world has to offer.

The use of Charas(hashish) and sex is frequently part of the quest. Yabyum, ritualized sex is frequently a path to enlightenment.

Tantra is frequently encountered in Nepal, where the admixture of Hinduism and Buddhism seems to be fertile ground. Tantric Buddhism is often called Vajrayana, the way of the thunderbolt.

I want to taste sugar means embracing everything and rejecting nothing.

However, Tantra has an ugly side. Ramprasad was a follower of Kali, a blood thirsty god who has demanded human sacrifice. Kali worship is especially prevalent in Bengal, the Northeastern region of India.

"I seek Tantra I don't want to become Tantra" is a paraphrase of Ramprasad that is appropriate.

Who seeks Tantra?

Comments

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 09:39PM

The perks look good.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 19, 2016 11:13PM

And here I thought this was another food thread.

Is life meant to be devoured? I hadn't thought of it quite like that before. But if it equates to seizing the day, then I don't see why not.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 01:06AM

Definitely one for the bucket list. I think if God were a dentist, he would destroy Candyland. In that case, you would become sugar if you looked back at the destruction. There's actually a lost book of the Bible that mentions that. The gingerbread man ran away as fast as he could, but his wife looked back and was instantly turned to a pillar of sugar. The remains of that once great city led to the discovery of caramel.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: November 20, 2016 02:34AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.