Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 06:59PM

Imagine that...God's One-&-Only Prophet insulting God's very own missionaries on TV in front of millions of viewers...go figure that one out...of all the things that coulda been said at that particular moment...GBH came up with that comment???

If i had been a missionary sitting in that meeting i woulda been completely and absolutely devastated and deflated by "my" so-called Prophet's crude comment...and maybe had even ripped my nametag off and flung it at him!!!

> Steve Benson's cameo @ 4:27

> GBH insulting missionaris @ 5:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK0PxT5Vm4g

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 07:39PM

Gordon B Hinckley.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 08:02PM

when I was a 12-year-old deacon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2016 08:02PM by steve benson.

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: December 10, 2016 10:53PM

GBH wasn't much to look at either

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 01:20PM

I used to believe all that horse crap. I'm so proud of myself for having a sharp independent mind and setting myself free. GBH what a monster of a human being to spread around a horrible lie as if it was some sort of honorable religion.

Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 04:45PM

Oh how I cringe watching this! GBH was sure a smart ass smug son of a bitch, wasn't he?

-Dennis

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 05:08PM

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 05:51PM

Hinckley didn't speak. He oozed.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 11, 2016 05:53PM

Goes to show even GBH gave into his baser self for the news interview w/60 Minutes.

Instead of building up the missionaries, he had to build up his ego instead at the expense of theirs.

What a guy! (not)

There was nothing prophetic about his remarks, not even one scintilla.

Nothing visionary. Sure, we all make choices good or bad, for better or worse each and every day of our lives. That's what we do. It's called living. Being in a cult is a choice he made at some point. The fact it served him well enough to become the top dog - well maybe he can afford to make fun of the missionaries.

Who's gonna fire him? He has been granted impunity from mere mortals by his partners in crime.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 01:18AM

He wasn't even a follower (of Godog or anyone important), much less a leader. Steve Benson had (has) a lot more class/ dignity/ calmness - and a much clearer and honest demeanor - than this hypocritical farce of a gentleman, Christian or whatever he (cheaply) pretends to be.

He wasn't a seer or he would have - even if acting like a starocker - not attempted, or allowed, his pride to get in the way and (at least pretended to) attempted lifting these troops, instead of forcing them down [on his cockeyed ego].

Posted by: tomie ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 01:41AM

@3:07 they say they suffer less from stress. What a lie.

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 03:38PM

Hinckley was trying to be folksy, cute, funny and charming....emphasis on TRYING.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 12, 2016 04:49PM

Being a self declared and self promoted self infatuated PR genius that can rattle off catch phrases/ drop names like "Jesus Smith" is the kind of thing that entitles a person to insult the missionaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E22FNolOyhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEMX0VooD4

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.