Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GameTheory ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 12:05PM

/Users/clarkbrimhall/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 1.57.32 PM.png

I hate to be the guy who goes to mormon.org to hassle missionaries but i just became that guy, and i was shocked... kinda.

I was feeling extra fed up today about indoctrination and the Church so i decided to implicitly talk some sense into some missionaries by asking them questions. I began questioning them on how they really know the Church is true. Of course they said they get feelings and also they have a Prophet. Later in the Conversation i asked them, would you kill a person if you knew god commanded it? One of them said she would, the other said its only ok for a prophet to kill somebody.I took some screen shots to show somebody but I doubt the screen shot i took will work for y'all... But man i just feel bad, i hate the church so much, and i hate religion because it makes perfectly normal and fine people justify killing.

I have asked several of my friends a similar question. I say;In the Old Testament God often commanded people to kill their neighbors simply because they worshipped "false Idols". If you knew, meaning the prophet spoke and you had a feeling, that God commanded us to kill the hindus because their many gods are a abomination, would you follow through?

Some serious conflict arises, some say yes they would kill people, which just about puts me into a rage, and others just blankly stare. Knowing they don't want to even think about rebelling against their feelings; they shut down. Its like there is a blockage in their brain that when a error arises they simply ignore it. I am so frustrated today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 12:08PM

That's a local link on your computer and we can't see it...

Date: January 14, 2015 12:17PM

Ill be back in a few mins and see if i can convert it somehow.

Posted by: zenmaster (nli) ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 12:30PM

Hey...just FYI...I'd edit your original post if you dont want your identity to be known...

Date: January 14, 2015 12:36PM

Thanks, I don't mind my name being here.

Posted by: zenmaster (nli) ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 12:57PM

Good for you! One of these days I'll have to "come out" :)

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 12:46PM

That must be some seriously confusing stuff going on in a brain like that..

I'm sure they are horrified by terrorism. Horrified by the attack in Paris..

and yet.. if they feel that god commanded THEM, they would do just the same..

What a mind fuck..

They might try saying: But the prophet would never tell us to do that...

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 12:54PM

I likely would have done anything for my new found life structure.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 03:03PM

It doesn't surprise me that you got this answer from a nineteen year old. From the beginning of humankind we have been sending people in this age group off to war to kill. Their brains are not yet fully developed and they most likely do not consider the consequences of their actions. Thus they are the prime age for war fighting. The young go off to war to kill and to be killed. The old stay back and send them. I was one of those young a long time ago.

Posted by: Abigail ( )
Date: January 14, 2015 03:12PM

Clark Brimhall is the name of the husband of one of my best friends from high school. Long shot, but did your wife go the school at Skyline in Idaho Falls?

Date: January 14, 2015 03:57PM

Ha ha no that wouldn't be me

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.